For Sale: Odds and Ends

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

mcapanelli
Haeropada

For Sale: Odds and Ends

Post by mcapanelli »

Hello all,

I have WAY too much stuff and need to clean out my closet. I have a plethora of stuff that's just doing nothing and in need of good homes. All prices are negotiable.

A pair of Son of Sandlar three button boots. Got these at the NY ren faire last season to hold me over till me sodhoppers were ready. Only worn twice. I paid $225 for em but you can get them for $100

A Paul Chen Gjermundbu Helmet. It's in as new condition just sitting in my closet. These are going for about $200, which is what I paid. I'll let it go for $125

United Cutlery Sting Sword and Scabbard. I don't have the box, plaque, or certificate so this ones a steal at $40 (Pending)

Custom Elven cloak. This one was made to resemble the ones from the Lord of the Rings movies. Olive green with a long hood. I paid $75 but I'll let it go for $30 as there are some signs of wear.

I'll probably have more stuff to post as I clean out and make room for new things. Shipping in the CONUS is included in the prices and I prefer paypal (I don't charge fees) Pictures are of course available upon request and again, all prices are negotiable.

Thanks for looking!

~Mike~
Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Do you have pics of anything? I'm interested in the cloak (especially since it shows signs of wear...)

Is it double-layered, or just a single? Do you have some dimensions (ie. length from neck to hem, etc?)

Thanks!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Well I don't know the measurements I can post some pictures. There is a small hole from using a cloak pin (I'd recommend one seeing as the clasp just never seemed to work out) I'll post em right away.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

To help get some scale here, my wife's medium build and 5'4"

Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

I'd say I'm sold on the cloak.

Do you prefer paypal, or some other form of payment? I'll get back to you in this thread in a few days once my paycheck has cleared (might not be until the end of this week.)
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Paypal works best. mcapanelli@aol.com I'll mark it sold on the other forums.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Alright, fantastic!

I don't know what problems you've had with clasps, but I agree with you. Clasps seems to always wind up getting pulled into my throat and I end up carrying the weight of my entire cloak on my adam's apple..not a comfortable experience. Cloak pins = the way to go, unless you mount them on two points near your shoulders like Boromir's in the Fellowship Movie (best seen when he arrives in Rivendell.)
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Just a heads up on the clasp issue, pin the clasp through your shirt or garment underneth the cloak and you won't have the weight of the cloak riding up into your throat.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Well seeing as Greg is taking the cloak, all that's left are the boots. Anyone care to make an offer?
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Peter Remling wrote:Just a heads up on the clasp issue, pin the clasp through your shirt or garment underneth the cloak and you won't have the weight of the cloak riding up into your throat.
I hear what you're saying, but it doesn't work well on my kit. My shirts are too thin right now and my belt pretty much epically fails, so they get pulled up high on my stomach when the cloak's pinned through them. But I'm working on expanding that part of my kit, and I may be able to manage something like that more easily with this new one. I DO, however, do something similar to that with my formal cloak. It's a cloak that's got a slippery lining which is too nice to be out in the bush in, so I wear it with vest/slacks/tie combos in place of a suit jacket out on the town on occasion, and the clasp rides across the bottom of the knot on my tie. It's pretty much awesome.

To make a long story longer...Pete, I'm gonna have to try that once the cloak's paid for and it comes in the mail.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

I actually have one of Diane Mirro's Tunapes she made. Ever since It came in I've been using it over the cloak. It has a hood so I'l be making a wool cape to go over it and I'm done all done. When I did use a cloak it would ride up to my adams apple so I picked up a cloak pin to solve the problem. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make my wool pants and I'm good to go.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Alright, payment has been sent. Thanks again!
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

mcapanelli wrote:...all that's left are the boots. Anyone care to make an offer?
How about a picture? I'm not in the market, but gives a prospective buyer more to think bout.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Sure thing................

I'd say they'd be good for a light project. I'd swap out the buttons and that's about it. Their low but very comfortable and saved my feet when I picked them up.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Hey, just curious as to when I might be able to expect the Cloak to be arriving. You all know how it goes...we all get giddy when some new toy is on its way in the maille...oops, erm, I mean...mail.

*sigh* I'd say I need to get out more, but I have a large bag of steel jump rings on their way to my door right now too, so I know I'd just be kidding myself.