Gold Leafing

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ernildir
Haeropada

Gold Leafing

Post by Ernildir »

You will remember that I posted my Elven arrows up in the For Sale section a while back. I ended up just giving the imperfect dozen to my younger brother for use as his first set of arrows. The arrow that had a broken nock, however, (the only non-functional one of the batch) I decided to use as the first subject of a little gold/silver leafing kit that was gifted to me. A lot of it went rather roughly, and I made some mistakes, but I think it turned out not too terribly and I sure learned from it. I am planning for it to be the first place prize for the archery contest of the annual "Middle-earth Festival" that happens around here. Former prizes have mostly just been random gift-mathoms from the Yuke-fest that people didn't want to keep. :mrgreen: I am hoping to make the golden arrow an annual prize, too, as long as I don't run out of gold/silver leaf and my brother breaks at least one arrow per year.

Here are the pictures (I falsely repaired the nock with a wee piece of cardboard before leafing):

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kaelln

Re: Gold Leafing

Post by kaelln »

That looks really cool!
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

That arrow looks awesome!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Arrow looks awesome, props for the tri-force, and I used to have that same keyboard.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Good Job, Nice arrow. It reminds me of the Robin Hood story "the golden arrow". We have an old arrow spray painted gold that we passback and forth to the winner of our weekly family back yard archery contests.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Thanks, guys

Yeah, I was pleased to see the Triforce in that picture myself. I had forgotten it was sitting there. XD

It's a decent keyboard, but does lack a few features that would make it really nice. It works great as a table to take pictures of things on, though, when my little desk is covered in other stuff.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.