Weapon and Armour Reviews

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Weapon and Armour Reviews

Post by Peter Remling »

Thought it might be interesting to have a small review section. Not the technical reviews that are on SBG (excellent resource by the way) but quick likes and dislikes of weapons, armor and other related production items or even custom vendors.

Something like I have a Windlass/Atrim/Albion/etc model such and such and I like the fit and finish, balance etc. Just enough to send someone searching for a like item to look at your review piece.

Attaching or referencing existing other site reviews would be okay.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Weapon and Armour Reviews

Post by Manveruon »

This sounds like a great idea! Would you be opposed to us adding more technical reviews if we wish?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Perhaps to keep the thread easily readable, instead of having to scroll through walls of text and long lists of pics, we should post technical review in a separate thread here in the WMA/NMA section, and then link them here with a one or two line summary including what the piece is that we're reviewing. That'd keep this a simple, quick reference that's easy to navigate. Good idea, pete. Sticky this.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I like the referencing them here idea. So if no one minds I'll do the cross referencing. If we get enough reviews I can do by category and then by vendor. I have no problems with technical reviews, by I don't want to just copy other forum reviews.
Avery P.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Avery P. »

Hey Pete, I could import all my reviews to here with little effort. But the "youtube" function is still missing so we would lose those parts.
If it be a sin to covet honor,I am the most offending soul alive.
- W. Shakespeare
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Avery, love to have them, Thanks
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Avery P. wrote:Hey Pete, I could import all my reviews to here with little effort. But the "youtube" function is still missing so we would lose those parts.
What do you need/expect for YouTube?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Avery P.

Post by Avery P. »

caedmon wrote:
Avery P. wrote:Hey Pete, I could import all my reviews to here with little effort. But the "youtube" function is still missing so we would lose those parts.

A way to embedd youtube videos would be awesome. As of right now we have to link to videos and I think it takes away from a review when you constantly have to follow links and click on the following sentence get pictures.
- W. Shakespeare
Avery P.

Post by Avery P. »

caedmon wrote:

A way to embedd youtube videos would be awesome. As of right now we have to link to videos and I think it takes away from a review when you constantly have to follow links and click on the following sentence get pictures.

Don't click on the sentence, it's April Fools day today for me. You've been warned.
- W. Shakespeare
Fox
Dúnadan

Post by Fox »

Avery P. wrote:As of right now we have to link to videos and I think it takes away from a review when you constantly have to follow links and click on the following sentence get pictures.
Above link: url=http://newshealth.net/symptoms-of-the-genital-herpes/

Ummm... trying to tell us something?
“Courage is found in unlikely places.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
Avery P.

Post by Avery P. »

Hehehehe, no. I had started to link a picture of a blue waffle, but this is a family friendly forum, :P

Sreiously though, SBG and most all the other forums have a "youtube" function so you can watch the video without having to navigate from the page. If I could just copy and paste my reviews to here without having to go through and delete all the youtube code it'd be awsome.

Here's a link to a review with a couple of vids,
http://sbgswordforum.proboards.com/inde ... read=11986

But, if I import it to here, I'd have to edit it, remove the code and add a link. Too much aggrievation
- W. Shakespeare
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Avery P. wrote: Sreiously though, SBG and most all the other forums have a "youtube" function so you can watch the video without having to navigate from the page. If I could just copy and paste my reviews to here without having to go through and delete all the youtube code it'd be awsome.
Working on it.
-Jack Horner

Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Avery P.

Post by Avery P. »

Excellent caedmon! When I get time I'll bring my reviews over.
- W. Shakespeare
Avery P.

Post by Avery P. »

Sorry for the double post, but are we going to create a review section? I've got all my reviews ready to move over and can go ahead and do so; where should I post them?
- W. Shakespeare
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

Ok, I have added a new forum section under Kit for reviews. I have also added YouTube support. Just click the Youtube button in the bar above and paste in the Video ID. (This is my first time creating a custom BBCode, if this is not what you were expecting let me know how you think it should work.)
-Jack Horner