Strider Sword

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Strider Sword

Post by Daerir »

Well guys I know we all wanted the Strider sword on the shirt so HERE IT IS!!!! I spent the last hour or two drawing this in paint so I KNOW its mine. Check it out
Attachments
Ranger Sword Drawing.png
Ranger Sword Drawing.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 14302 times
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Strider Sword

Post by Manveruon »

Love it! My only concern is that it may be too pixelated to look decent on the shirt itself. Is there any way to smooth it out?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

When they do the screen printing they smooth the edges, align items, and basically all those little things that make it look perfect
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

While I'm sure that's true, I'm still honestly quite concerned that the above image is just too low-resolution to yield a decent looking final result on the shirt itself. As an alternative, I'd like to submit the below picture. I tried once again to find a decent clip-art image of Strider's ranger sword, but in the end all I could really find was Narsil/Anduril, and you mentioned previously. So what I did was to save the best of these images I could find, then I went into Photoshop and altered the snot out of it. In the end, I think it is unique enough to not raise any copyright issues, etc.

Anyway, if you're interested in using it, here it is:

Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Couldn't you just use the one I made and alter it so it looks better? it seems you have a ton more experience than me with these things.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I did try, but I don't really have a ton of computer drawing skill, to be honest, and my attempts didn't yield very good results. The one I just posted was just altered heavily, but it was already comparatively hi-res, so it made the process a lot easier. The trouble is taking an image that is extremely pixelated and low-res and then smoothing everything out / upping the resolution. I'm sure there's someone out there who can do it, but I don't think I'm the guy :/
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

If you want to do it with Strider's sword rather than Anduril, I could take a photo of my Borderwatch for you to 'shop.
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Chris Russo wrote:If you want to do it with Strider's sword rather than Anduril, I could take a photo of my Borderwatch for you to 'shop.
That would actually be a great idea as its just far enough from the original not to be infringement.
Winter is coming
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Currently I'm sorting out the Tree issue and once that's over, they will finalize the design and send me a pic of how the final product will look and if I'm not happy with something, they'll fix it. Believe me guys, I've spent about 30 minutes on the phone and traded about 20 emails with them, they told me that their artists will do their best to make the design how we want it. :lol: When I get a pic of the finalized product, I'll post it up and see what you guys think before I give the 100% OK
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

rangersamII wrote:Couldn't you just...
The three and a half word phrase. all artist fear above any other.... Here's my quick whack at it. The auto conversion to vector made it a leaf-blade, I left it because I liked it, but I can change it.
sword.png
sword.png (10.27 KiB) Viewed 14153 times
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

Oh my god!!!! That's gorgeous!!! I can definitely use that!!!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

That's awesome! Thanks Caedmon! I knew someone out ther could figure it out!
Addreonynn
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Addreonynn »

That's sweet lookin Caedmon!!! Great job!!!
If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
To truly survive in the woods, one must be able to thrive in the woods
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

caedmon wrote:
rangersamII wrote:Couldn't you just...
The three and a half word phrase. all artist fear above any other.... Here's my quick whack at it. The auto conversion to vector made it a leaf-blade, I left it because I liked it, but I can change it.
sword.png

Not getting one of the shirts this go around, but I may have to try to forge a blade like that leafy one of these days. 8)
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.