BKS Ranger swords

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

theowl
Vendor

BKS Ranger swords

Post by theowl »

So, I work at a cutlery shop in Southern California and I've been working with Baltimore Knife and Sword on a series of exclusives for the store, and for the first longsword in the series I went with a ranger-y design, obviously. Next to my Christian Fletcher, these are the nicest swords I've handled. I ended up buying a blunt to train with, and I'll probably end up buying a sharp to match. Image
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: BKS Ranger swords

Post by Peter Remling »

I like it. I never cared for the typical BKS grip wrap. The bare wood design looks much better.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

I like the blade shape, not crazy on the cross piece or the hilt itself but if a sword calls to you one can not ignore it, besides if we all carried the same blade is would look a little off. Nice find
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Peter Remling wrote:I like it. I never cared for the typical BKS grip wrap. The bare wood design looks much better.
Agreed. I have a longsword with their typical wrap, and while it's not as bad as you'd think (especially if you're wearing gloves)I still have them do wood grips on the stuff they make us.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

You show us this and don't provide a price and ordering information? Shame on you. :P
Winter is coming
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

$650 for the sharp $625 for the blunt. Our website is down at the moment, so PM me if you're interested.