New Bodkin Supplier!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

New Bodkin Supplier!

Post by Greg »

3rivers archery is now carrying two different bodkin weights in versatile sizes, both of which are pretty much awesome, for considerably cheaper than just about anywhere else.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Broadhead ... thumb.html

I know we've talked a bit about bodkins here and where to get them, but I can't for the life of me find a mention of them anywhere on the boards, so I figured this would be a great way to start a discussion about who uses what broadheads/bodkins/points for what applications, as well as a way to make sure everyone was aware about the new points available.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: New Bodkin Supplier!

Post by Peter Remling »

Those are excellent prices and the hunting spearhead has a great price tag also. Nice find!

I have some of the longer variety bodkins and have only shot them a few times into a foam target just to get the feel of how they shoot. The smaller ones will shoot better due to the less weight, but the larger would seem to get better penetration through armor. I also have a few unmounted flat trade arrowheads that would be carried just in case I had to make some arrows in the wild.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm going Turkey hunting in about a month. John, who will be shooting a vintage compound for the trip, is set for broadheads. The market is FLOODED with them.

I, on the other hand, am not so blessed. There are plenty of glue-on broadheads, but I'm looking for something more period appropriate. Any suggestions?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Try these, they are just stamped trade arrowheads, you attach and sharpen them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Stevens-Steel-Tr ... 286.c0.m14