Viking whetstone

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Viking whetstone

Post by Kortoso »

Got from Ragnar's Ragweed Forge.
Reall cool looking, functional piece of kit. Mine is made from jaspar, my own pics are on the way.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
grimwulf
Dúnadan

Re: Viking whetstone

Post by grimwulf »

do they work well?
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I got one from him a while back too. It's beautiful, and he was very helpful and communicative. Overall a great experience, and I love the whetstone. It's not for heavy sharpening though, only fine-tuning, so keep that in mind when purchasing.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Yep, it's not what I plan for serious sharpening. It will do in a pinch for touching up edges in the field, though, and it looks great.
Attachments
001sm.jpg
001sm.jpg (236.11 KiB) Viewed 7866 times
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.