My Hard Kit (pic heavy)

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

My Hard Kit (pic heavy)

Post by Eothain »

The following contains pictures and descriptions of the items I use in my hard kit.

A pouch I purchased from Medieval Collectibles, made by Epic Armoury. I use it to carry modern day things such as car keys, wallet, phone, ect. - http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-5 ... pouch.aspx

A canteen and canteen holder I purchased from Medieval Collectibles, also made by Epic Armoury.

I use this as my need wallet, or what I call my ranger fanny-pack. It is a handlebar bag I purchased from a local Motorcycle shop. The belt was taken off of a useless piece of armor and the rings are from an old pair of Harley boots that my dog chewed up.

My fire kit. An old tin with charred punk wood, some flint from the local river, a striker I purchased from a local Pow Wow, some dried cedar bark that I wrap in an old cloth and a little pouch that I made to contain it all.

My weapon cleaning and sharpening items. A pocket sharpener I purchased from a local hardware store, some polish I keep in a metal tin, two different rags and an old Patron bottle containing mineral oil.

My sewing kit. An icepick (I prefer it over an awl), some nice strong string wrapped around a broken stick, pioneer scissors I purchased at a local Native American store and a pouch containing a variety of needles.

A blowing horn I purchased from The Horn Store - http://www.thehornstore.com/ - You never know when you might need to call reinforcements, or damage the enemies morale. I added a new strap to it and some braided leather strips.

A suede bag I made for carrying food and other small things I gather as I go.

My bedroll. I purchased oilcloth from Jbook, and a wool blanket from Amazon. I also bought two belts to put together for a strap, and took two smaller ones off of old wall-hanger sword scabbards.

These items I carry inside of my bedroll. My cooking kit... and a gunsock to put my sword in overnight. I purchased the small boiler cup from a local camping store, bought the small kettle from my workplace, recieved the larger canteen I use for collecting and boiling water from a passed workplace and purchased the cutlery set from Medieval Collectibles. I also carry rope and underclothes in my bedroll.

This is how the bedroll looks slung over my shoulder, it looks a bit wide, but is actually not uncomfortable.

...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
grimwulf
Dúnadan

Re: My Hard Kit (pic heavy)

Post by grimwulf »

that is some great gear. love the sewing kit and water bottle,
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Great set up Eothain!
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Thank you kind sirs!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Solid stuff! Glad it's all coming together so well! Hope you love the oilcloth...it'll serve you well!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Again, wonderful, we have the same bottle too. I love using it.
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Greg wrote: Hope you love the oilcloth...it'll serve you well!
Sadly I haven't been able to spend an overnight with it yet. Work has kept me extremely busy. Hopefully soon though!
Rifter wrote:Again, wonderful, we have the same bottle too. I love using it.
Thank you! I almost thought the bottle and holder was a bit out of place, but I really do like it.