Hunting arrows

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Straelbora
Haeropada

Hunting arrows

Post by Straelbora »

I'm going to give deer hunting with a bow (longbow) and arrows this year. I'd like to use modern hunting arrows, but really don't know what to start with.

Anyone have a source on the internet that they like? If anyone knows of a source on Amazon.com, even better- I've got free shipping for this year.

Thanks.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: Hunting arrows

Post by Eledhwen »

Three Rivers Archery is worth a try.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Thanks- 3 Rivers look like they know what they're talking about, and know how to walk newbies through myriad choices.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Laothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Laothain »

I use gold tip traditional carbon arrows they look like wood and I use Zwickey broad heads on them. I'll check the number on them tomorrow night and let you know. 3 rivers is a really good place I've gotten a few things from there.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Similar to what Laothain described, 3 rivers carries "Traditional Only" branded modern shafts designed to be shot from Trad bows (longbow/recurve, etc.), but with a woodgrain print on them, and they're sorted by a system that lets you match them to your bow, much like you would match wood shaft spine weights.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.