Let's Talk about Legs!

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Iodo
Haeropada

Re: Let's Talk about Legs!

Postby Iodo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Greg wrote:
Iodo wrote:I was dry until I took my cloak off to climb a fence and put it back on inside out :( it was only two hours back to the car so no harm done...

Next time try pulling the whole thing up across your chest and tossing it over your shoulder. Nixes the need to take it off, but gets it up high and clear of the fence.

Good idea, only, I neglected to mention that it was a deer fence taller than I was :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Darnokthemage
Dúnadan

Postby Darnokthemage » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:06 am

"green were his girdle and his breeches all of leather"
This is about Tom Bombadill It shows that even he is wearing breeches, these made from leather.
I do not know how popular leather breeches were in England, but they were very well liked by swedes all from the 1700s to the mid 1800s. They are still used in folk costumes.
Artist, larper and history lover.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Postby Manveruon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Darnokthemage wrote:"green were his girdle and his breeches all of leather"
This is about Tom Bombadill It shows that even he is wearing breeches, these made from leather.
I do not know how popular leather breeches were in England, but they were very well liked by swedes all from the 1700s to the mid 1800s. They are still used in folk costumes.

Also, German Lederhosen immediately spring to mind.
Darnokthemage
Dúnadan

Postby Darnokthemage » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:09 pm

I am afraid they do! I find lederhosen to be far to short for my taste. Am much bigger fan of this style, could easily see Mr Bombadill wear these with a pair of blue stockings. The idea of him having a pair of lederhosen, really high socks (or bare legs!) and a pair of great yellow boots is quite amusing.

Artist, larper and history lover.

Return to “Soft Kit”