For Sale: Bamboo backed Epe flatbow and custom A&A Dagger

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

mcapanelli
Haeropada

For Sale: Bamboo backed Epe flatbow and custom A&A Dagger

Post by mcapanelli »

Hello all,

Well with a commission coming close and my workload staying slow it's time to move some things. First up is a bamboo backed flat bow from Rudder bows. I haven't even found time to shoot her so the bow is just like new having never been shot and stored flat in a bow sock. She pulls 45-50@29 and I'd like to get $150. I have to charge $30 shipping though as she a big one unstrung and shipping will be pricey. I'll eat the paypal fees though.

Next is a customized crusader dagger I picked up right here from a forum member. Instead of the standard 13 1/2" overall length she's 17 1/2" have a 4" longer blade. I picked her up for some dagger work and now have to move her to make room for new stuff. $150 shipped oiled and ready to your door (In the CONUS). Again I'll eat the paypal fees.

I'll get pictures up later this afternoon. Thanks for looking.
Winter is coming
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: For Sale: Bamboo backed Epe flatbow and custom A&A Dagger

Post by Greg »

Does the bow stack much? Do you have a rough estimate on the draw weight curve? I've been thinking about investing in a longbow for a while now.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote:Does the bow stack much? Do you have a rough estimate on the draw weight curve? I've been thinking about investing in a longbow for a while now.
While I couldn't give you the curve I can tell you that longbows and flat bows don't like to be overdrawn very much. She pulls 50@29 and I wouldn't suggest going much further back then that. So I guess the short answer is she starts to stack at around 30 to 31 and I'd be afraid to pull her back any farther. If you contact Jim at rudderbown.com I'm sure he'll be glad to answer any questions you have and will do a much better job then I just have.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Well the reason I asked is that one selfbow I got off of ebay for David awhile back actually stacks during the suggested draw, and the 48" osage selfbow I used to carry as my personal bow had a draw curve around 1-1-1-1-2-2-4-6-8-10-14 if you get my meaning. Almost nothing until the wall, which caused severe speed deficiencies, etc. I've heard nothing but good from rudderbows, but I just wanted to make sure.

As for purchasing...I'm really tempted. Has it been dyed/stained/sealed/varnished or anything like that?
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote: As for purchasing...I'm really tempted. Has it been dyed/stained/sealed/varnished or anything like that?
Yes it has. It's has the standard rudderbow finish so you don't need to seal it.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Do you think it'd still be woodstain-able?
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Greg wrote:Do you think it'd still be woodstain-able?
I don't know. I never thought to try. I think it'd ruin the look of the wood personally. The contrast between the light bamboo and dark epe is very visually appealing to me.
Winter is coming
Greg

Post by Greg »

Oh, forgot it was epe. You're right; I'm completely in agreement.

Well, if anyone else is interested, have at it; don't hold off because of me. I may step in later on and say I want it, but don't count on it. Mony's a little tight right now, but the new job's starting to pay well, so we'll see.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

The Dagger is pending but the bow is still available.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

A weekend bump and sale.

Buy the bow this weekend and get it for $125 paypal fees included and I'll even split the shipping. That's a total of $140 shipped to your door for an as new unused bow that sells for $215 new before adding shipping. I'll also throw in a bow bag to boot. This is a great deal on a great bow. If you've been sitting on the sidelines then nows your chance!
Winter is coming