A Week in Scotland

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: A Week in Scotland

Post by Greg »

Your kit improvements between last year and this year have made a noticeable difference. Really coming together. The cloak+hood+overcote you have going on look VERY dwarven. Well done, and looks like a great time!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Outstanding!
Frodo lives!
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

So jealous!

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Thank you all :P
Peter Remling wrote:Very nice and YESSS we want more detailed pictures !

Curious about aspects of the hood so pics will help. :P
I'll get more pic's up soon, just have to find time around college work :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Leahcim
Wayfarer

Post by Leahcim »

Awesome!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Iodo wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:56 pm I've been lucky enough to have spent the last week in Glen Coe, the nearest public wi-fi was about 10 miles away (hence I haven't been on-line). The weather was, well, Scottish :mrgreen: I had a bit of everything, it snowed, rained and was sunny. The scenery was as spectacular as always and I could easily imagine myself in the Misty mountains, especially when I climbed the Pap of Glencoe:

image 9.JPG
image 10.JPG
image 11.JPG
Sorry to bump such an old thread but those mountain pictures are beautiful, the third one especially. That's exactly what I always imagined the Misty Mountains would look like.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

no problem, Scotland is my favorite place :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Iodo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:55 am no problem, Scotland is my favorite place :P
It's now higher up on my short list of places I'd like to see one day for sure
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Desert Loon
Dúnadan

Post by Desert Loon »

No wonder we Americans are so obsessed with Scotland, with scenery like that! Keep it up, I love to see what you share.
Glory be to God for dappled things
And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim. (Hopkins)
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Jack wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:39 am Sorry to bump such an old thread but those mountain pictures are beautiful, the third one especially. That's exactly what I always imagined the Misty Mountains would look like.
I like bumped threads that are this beautiful :mrgreen: Such views deserve to be dragged out every now and again.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Charlotte
Dúnadan

Post by Charlotte »

For overly recycled wool, it may be worth re-lanolizing it and seeing if that helps, the stuff is fairly ubiquitous (I've had good luck in the maternity section of large stores)

As to unorthodox methods of taking photos, iirc one of less Stroud's favourite camera mounts was a camera with a beanbag strapped to the bottom of it - it'll rest on almost anything
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

It's an old thread, good tips but I have since given up with all the army blanket clothing, it was a good starting point and at the time it was all I could get (it's probably also better to learn to sew on fabrics that are cheap) but real pure wool preforms so much better

Charlotte wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:43 am As to unorthodox methods of taking photos, iirc one of less Stroud's favourite camera mounts was a camera with a beanbag strapped to the bottom of it - it'll rest on almost anything

now that is a smart idea
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I missed this the last time around so I'm quite happy it was bumped. Beautiful photos, Iodo. Really makes me want to pack up all my kit and fly over to do some hiking and camping.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Scotland is one of my favourite places :P
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

I just came back from a week in Scotland, so to uphold the tradition here's a photo-bomb:

^bush-craft lair built by me and my brother, just up the hillside from where we were staying, and the holiday let had the most awesome fireplace I've ever seen, I just wish I had one at home:

a good adventure :P