Ithilien Quiver

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

theowl
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Ithilien Quiver

Postby theowl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm

I picked up a Faramir buckle from Elleth and figured it was time to do a quiver inspired by his. I simplified the design quite a bit, while keeping the overall feel. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Also this is my first foray into arrow socks, and so far I like it. I make mine out of oilcloth, so it's soft enough to let the arrows in and out, but stiff enough to keep it's shape where I want it to.
theowl

Re: Ithilien Quiver

Postby theowl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:48 am

I don't know if it's the angle or what, but just noticed the little square bit in the middle looks super crooked. it's not, I promise.
Harper
Amrod Rhandir

Postby Harper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:50 am

Nice work.
Iodo

Postby Iodo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 am

That's impressive :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Postby Elleth » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Nice!!

I'm going to have to try that "bottom strap coming in from the side" arrangement at some point. It seems it solves the problem of your arrows slowly moving down your right shoulder as you walk.

... and I'm still rather surprised WETA came up with the arrow sock thing. It's practical all beyond expectation for something out of a movie prop house. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
theowl

Postby theowl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Elleth wrote:Nice!!

I'm going to have to try that "bottom strap coming in from the side" arrangement at some point. It seems it solves the problem of your arrows slowly moving down your right shoulder as you walk.
it took some tinkering to find the right placement for it but it works surprisingly well. I have no trouble drawing out of the quiver without a 3rd strap to hold everything steady.

Elleth wrote:... and I'm still rather surprised WETA came up with the arrow sock thing. It's practical all beyond expectation for something out of a movie prop house. :)
Always impressed with the amount of care and attention they pay to the stuff they make.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Postby Greg » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Elleth wrote:Nice!!

This it WILL fix...but if there’s a bit of weight to the quiver, it may allow it to sink under your left arm occasionally in exchange. Something to tinker with.

Quiver looks great!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.

Return to “Weapons & Armour”