Dwarven Bocksten Inspired cloak

Rohirrim, hobbits, Goblin-men? Rangers aren't the only Middle-earth Re-enactors out there.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Dwarven Bocksten Inspired cloak

Postby Elleth » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Oh that looks like a grand time! And nothing like honest wear to boot!

I suppose then only one question remains....
..... what color is your dwarven hood gonna be? :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Amrod Rhandir

Postby Iodo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Thank you all for the good comments :P

Taurinor wrote:Have you thought about carrying a pin or penannular brooch? You could use it to pin your cloak the side to keep it closed in the wind or pin it open at the shoulder (the way Greg wears his star in "The Ranger's Cloak" in the WInter 2016-2017 Edge of the Wild). depending on what the weather requires. You'd have to be careful not to angle it in such a way that the brooch would stab you in the arm while you walk, but it could be useful. Penannular brooches also come in a lot of different designs, so you could probably find one with a dwarven flair!

Agreed, it's a good idea, the cloak fabric is a bit to thick to pin up though, I'll try it :P

Taurinor wrote:Get out in your gear, no matter where your gear is at! If you're looking to make a cold weather Dwarf hat, though, you could consider making a conical hat (or "Santa hat") like the ones some Viking reenactors wear (I think it's based on a Birka find) - it looks very much like the hats the dwarves are wearing in this sketch by the Professor.

That one on tumblr is so cool, thanks for the link :P but I think it'll be a hood, I already have a pattern

Elleth wrote:I suppose then only one question remains....
..... what color is your dwarven hood gonna be? :mrgreen:

Hmmmm... That'll most likely be what ever fabric I already have

I was thinking about making Bofur's hat from the movie's as well LOL :lol: probably not a project to post here :mrgreen:

(and WOW I've just looked at this thread on my tablet, that first image is way oversaturated, I guess my new cheap after-market replacement laptop screen is no good for image editing :P )
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
theowl
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Postby theowl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Love it. The embroidery/stitching is awesome.
Iodo
Amrod Rhandir

Postby Iodo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Thank you :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.

Return to “Other Free Folk”