Ranger meetup/moot

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Frothgar
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Ranger meetup/moot

Post by Frothgar »

Something Eric said in the thread for the Hawaiian Ranger and a youtube video got me thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wall2rockcl ... ZSD-XxDjYk

i suscribed to this guys channel a while ago, and i love his stuff. its all thouroughly modern survival gear and hints, despite the title. the video i linked to is from a meetup he and a bunch of his fellows had.

I could totally see a video like this from a Ranger camp. get shots of how everyone sets up their bedding and such.

That being said im still new to this. has the prospect of a big meet up been tried or planned before? are people even relavtively close to each other. im western side of New Jersey.

Frothgar
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
nyyarg

Re: Ranger meetup/moot

Post by nyyarg »

Transplanted from the Tropical Ranger thread:
Eric C wrote:
Peter Remling wrote:
Eric C wrote:
A note to the other rangers: Weren't we planniing a location for a ranger-moot? (Hint-hint) :P
Yeah someplace we could try out those pork, pinapple and coconut recipes wasn't it?

That's what I remember.
One could argue that a ranger-moot in Hawaii during the middle of winter would get more attendees than one in a more convienent location on the mainland during the summer/fall. I doubt that many would mind having an excuse to come here, though it would need to be planned out at least a year in advance for people to save up. I know I'm new here; it's just a thought. (offhand I would recommend Kalalau valley on Kauai)
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

It has been talked about and we have alot of east coast members, but we have members all over the world to.

I would love to go but it would depend on time place and money like with everyone else.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Sam

Post by Sam »

Bit far for me I reckon, but I love Mike Dixon's stuff on youtube too. He blends modern and ranger-like themes with most of his gear. A top modern ranger in my opinion. Always out alone to keep an eye upon his local woods.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

I like The Pathfinder School LLC.

He just signed a deal with Discovery for a show.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.