Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Post by Eric C »

Enjoy your day with those you love. Hope you all have a good one.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Post by Peter Remling »

Turkey's in the oven, ham will be in shortly. I have to peel the potatoes soon. Damn I hate KP! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I pardoned a turkey this morning as per the presidential tradition...but a little differently. I went Turkey hunting on Lori's grandpa's property (been going all week unsuccessfully thus far) but when I drew my bow on a bird today, I decided that I'd just come back tomorrow instead, since we've already got a bird to eat today.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Hope everyone is home, safe and enjoying the day.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

The bird's out of the oven and the cupcakes are in it. I know, pumpkin pie is the norm, but I'm still trying to perfect my recipe before I unleash it on the inlaws. Potatoes are on the stove and the wife is working on the dressing.
Most of the leaves are raked and the grinding shop/ A.K.A. carport is more presentable than it was this morning. Now I'm READY TO EAT!!!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year. I just got back from clothes shopping with Lori (it's 11:41 pm Thanksgiving evening...the outlets are already opening...*sigh*). Once she goes to work (at 1 am, the poor girl) I'm headed over to the Hunting and Fishing store here in town for some REAL black friday shopping. I'm getting my dog a neoprene vest with some flotation and a chest protector for the cold waters here in the area, and looking into a new fly rod...my old one tragically snapped in the trunk in a recent car accident, so I'm sans-fly rod. Sad day. Anyone else being forced into following around a female to play the part of a mobile clothes rack this Friday?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

No thankfully. It seems there are a couple of blessings to being laid off every other week. Money's too tight this week. No, we are content to stay around the house today. Except I have to contact a guy who has some walnut slabs I can use for knife handle material. All I plan to do today is get the wood. Take the trash to the dump (no trash pickup out here), work on a few knives that are in various states of doneness and maybe track down a piece of Cocobolo for a project that is really close to finished.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Although belated, Happy Thanksgiving folks! I hope you all had a good one. I'm now going to return to my tryptophan induced semi catatonic state..................So tired, so tired.
Winter is coming