Wow

MiddleEarthRangers.org has graciously provided this space for the Middle Earth Reenactment Society for purposes of archiving/presenting their newsletter, and to keep our community informed on Society-specific happenings.

Moderator: Greg

A Mayer
Dúnadan

Wow

Post by A Mayer »

I read all the newsletters yesterday. That was my second time through.
It is simply amazing how much work Greg and the others at MERS put into creating their parameters for the accurate re-creation of Middle-earth. The research, organization and the passing of knowledge, all top notch.

My efforts pale in comparison to MERS! Though, I gotta admit, I’m just flattered that I’ve been on the same sheet of music with much of their findings and thoughts as to how Rangers and other free folks did business in ME. For those just getting into Middle-earth recreation, this is the place to start.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Wow

Post by Greg »

Really appreciate the feedback, Andy. It's been a loooong labor of love putting all of that together, and we're far from finished. Probably never will be with the depth and breadth of the world Tolkien put together. We're just happy to be playing today in the same sandbox!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

Thanks for the kind words, Andy! It's always great to hear our efforts are being appreciated.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

A Mayer wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:15 pm I read all the newsletters yesterday. That was my second time through.
It is simply amazing how much work Greg and the others at MERS put into creating their parameters for the accurate re-creation of Middle-earth. The research, organization and the passing of knowledge, all top notch.

My efforts pale in comparison to MERS! Though, I gotta admit, I’m just flattered that I’ve been on the same sheet of music with much of their findings and thoughts as to how Rangers and other free folks did business in ME. For those just getting into Middle-earth recreation, this is the place to start.
Have to agree wholeheartedly with Andy here! You folks have been doing a seriously incredible job! The MERS is an absolutely wonderful concept that fills a much-needed niche in the Tolkien fandom (as well as a lovely little nexus point where history, archaeology, mythology, art, reenactment, and LARP combine) I hope it continues to grow and thrive!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains