Updated arrow vendors?

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Updated arrow vendors?

Post by Tom_Ranger »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:35 pm I'm English and I don't have that problem....... I can't get goose feathers easily either though.
Sorry for the late response, but you could contact a taxidermist and even if they can't provide you the feathers, they may be able to offer you a source on where you can obtain them.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Meganbeyer
Wanderer

Post by Meganbeyer »

The migratory bird act is only wild type birds, and it does include wild type game birds that are captive bred. I used to raise captive wild gamebirds, the paperwork is a nightmare when selling feathers or dead stock for any reason. There are "feather" buyers who do have stocks of livestock type feathers for sale. Will try to see if I can find my old contacts if anyone is interested.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Meganbeyer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:31 pm The migratory bird act is only wild type birds, and it does include wild type game birds that are captive bred. I used to raise captive wild gamebirds, the paperwork is a nightmare when selling feathers or dead stock for any reason. There are "feather" buyers who do have stocks of livestock type feathers for sale. Will try to see if I can find my old contacts if anyone is interested.
I mean, for arrow fletching, I’d probably prefer to use domestic geese feathers anyway, rather than any wild goose varieties - particularly because the only wild geese around here in any abundance are Canada geese, which isn’t quite right anyway, being a New World bird. I’ve found occasional domestic grey and white goose feathers available here and there, but not often. Point being, it’s unusual, but not impossible.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Meganbeyer
Wanderer

Post by Meganbeyer »

Both of my contacts are a bust. One when to taxidermy and the other passed.