Hi, I'm new here!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Hi, I'm new here!

Post by Elegost »

Hi there,
I stumbled across this forum by acident while browsing on google. For me this forum is heavan, as my fav race of midddle earth is the Dunedain and I love the Rangers of the north.

My names Chris and I love walking, Nature, Filming, photograthy, painting ect. I am also making (althrough very slow) A lord of the rings fan film based on a made up Dunedain Ranger and his Elf companion. For more information see my link.
Anyway I hope to meet some new like-minded friends on here!

http://www.wix.com/thetwohunters/thetwohunters
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Hi, I'm new here!

Post by Willrett »

Welcome glad you found us. Please post often if you have any questions or need help there are a lot of smrt :lol: :lol: people here.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome!
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

woohoo, someone else who played The Third Age RPG.
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I played The Third Age too! lol

Welcome Elegost! Great about your film, the gallery pics look great! Have you seen Born of Hope and The Hunt for Gollum? Maybe you can contact the filmmakers and they might be able to help out with some aspects of your film! I hope you enjoy the group!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Welcome aboard from another recent addition to the group.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome to the both of you!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elegost

Post by Elegost »

:shock: Wow! I don't think I've ever been more welcome on a forum. Thanks. Yeah I have played THA althrough its combat was a bit of a dissapointment for me. And yes Mirimaran I have seen HFG and BOH, And have got in contact with the producer of HFG, He and the composers gave me permission to use his soundtrack! And Thanks about my Gallery Pictures, I have just begun filming some test shoots for a test shoot tralier. Oh and Willrett I don't doubt I shall need alot of help.

:mrgreen: Thanks again for the very warm welcome!

-Chris
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

That is very cool Elegost! 8) Good luck with the film, a few of the guys here have been playing around with a movie idea. You know about the photo contest Greg is sponsoring?
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Your website says you are going to have to find a composer to score the film...

I'll do it... :roll:

I haven't scored a film in about a year...but I've done quite a few short films, and would love to finally do something a bit more epic than a friend's puppet show and a documentary, which were my last two projects. I went to school as a music composition major, and I'm a certified ProTools operator, so I have all the equipment and know-how necessary to score and mix/master/produce a score for you if you'd like. The Middle Earth Ranger Forum is all about helping each other out, so I'd be willing to do this for fun, free of charge.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Chris, It is good to have you here. Many of us original guys knew each other on another forum and shared a common interest in Tolkein and ME Rangers. Many other good people have come on board since. Jack asked about potential moderators. I thought it was a prize so I volunteered. Boy did I get surprised. :lol: No, seriously, the folks here usually moderate themselves. We have good senses of humor. As Greg said, we help each other out. We buy, sell, trade and give to each other. If there is something you need that is ranger related, chances are there is somebody here that can do it for you or walk you through it. They've really encouraged me in my knife making endeavours and the limited leather work that I have shown.

Pull up a chair. Grab a pint from old Butterbur. Tell us some stories of you adventures (accompanied by pics), Show us your kit and wares. We're glad you've joined us.

Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Elegost

Post by Elegost »

Wow thankyou Greg! Thats really kind of you to help! And free of charge too! Gosh thats awafully nice of you.

Sadly I have some very bad news. the idea for my film (if you have read the story part of my site) is going to have to be re-done as the one of the leading actors is no longer going to act. So in other words I now have no story for my film, I have all costumes ready e.c.t But no story. Can anyone give me some ideas?

I obviously don't have loads of actors like BoH, just me and 3 other people, however I still hope to make somthing good. So yeah the kind of story I'd like is somthing that has a very good moral, a test/challange for a Ranger or somthing? And I'd like to stay away from People JRR made, I like to make up stories of people who had there own adventures in and around the war of the ring. I also would like to show a bit of how Rangers survived in the wilds, Boh & HFG didn't do this much but I'd like to show some of this (Althrough I may need some help and advice. :| )

And obviously the theme of the story is Dunedain Rangers....

Thanks very much for any help, I really need it! I just can't think of any ideas. And thanks again Greg, if I do ever get this film done, your wecome to do a score for it.

-Chris
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

How about the three of you are sent on a scouting mission. There have been rumors of some of the dark armies massing so you are sent to investigate and report back.

Sorry my LOTR lore isn't any better so I cant tell you which armies but I am sure some one will add to my little spark.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Chris Russo

Post by Chris Russo »

I've been meaning to write some Ranger fanfic--if I ever get to it you're more than welcome to adapt any of my stories.
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

A trio of young Rangers brashly decide they will explore the ruins of Carn Dum...only one survives and must make his way back home to warn his people that a lingering evil threatens the North, but can he make it home before he is hunted down?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

LOL

If you are on Myspace or Facebook, I bet if you threw out a call for folks in your area to be in a Ranger fan-fic you'd have loads of people who'd want to be in your film!