Some of my Ranger Photos

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Some of my Ranger Photos

Post by Elegost »

The title says it all, These are photos of the Dunedain Ranger costume I plan to use in my film. The only thing missing is a longbow with quiver and arrows as I can't afford one. I do have a real sword now, but thats not pictured in these photos.
1.jpg
1.jpg (174.73 KiB) Viewed 12944 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (191.49 KiB) Viewed 12943 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (254.56 KiB) Viewed 12944 times
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Some of my Ranger Photos

Post by Eric C »

And why aren't you in the photo contest? Those are some really good photos. The Dunedain outfit looks good too. Nicely done!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

What Eric said. Excellent work.

Siani
Nandalad!
Elegost

Post by Elegost »

Thankyou! The contest is a good idea!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Those are great looking pics. I would like to see more of the outfit since I still haven't decided on a completed look yet.

What is the budget you have left for a bow/quiver/arrows?
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

outstanding!
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Chris Russo

Post by Chris Russo »

You, sir, have some great terrain to work with. LOVE that photo with the sun's rays streaming down!
"If you bring a Ranger with you, it is well to pay attention to him."
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Outstanding photography and great Ranger garb! I am sure with a little work, you could make a set of bow and arrows, that while maybe not that functional, would work well for what you need. Most costumers I know make arrows from dowel rods that are available at your local hardware store, and a bow can be made from pine striping.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Well I'm going to do something crazy. The economy has all but killed my collection. To keep above water (Something we failed to do anyway) I've sold just about
everything. What I have held on to though was a Bamboo backed Epe bow from Rudderbows. So with the last weapon of worth I have, instead of selling it, I'd like to donate it to your project. I don't have arrows fletched for her so your on your own with that. It'd be nice to do something I want with what I have left instead of selling it out of necessity. I may also have some odds and ends lying around I could send you as well. I have a pair of Son of Sandlar low boots you could have. There's also a pair of MRL Locksly(SP) boots that are missing the laces I could give you as well. I'll see what I can dig up while we're packing to move. In the meantime PM me your info. Provided your not overseas I'll even cover shipping. It may take me a bit (Just ask Eric....Sorry man) But get it to you I will. I'd even lend you some swords if I have any when your ready to shoot. Anyway welcome to the forums and I do hope your project get's off the ground.
Winter is coming
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

I see your in the UK. That may take a bit but I'll try none the less.
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Mike, we all hit bumps in the road now and then. It's just that sometimes those bumps are hard enough to jar our eye teeth out. Pete's probably ready to come throttle me too about now. :cry: With truck repairs costing me just shy of my January morgage, things aren't too wonderful around here right now either. Next week- layoff week- marks the beginning of my own search for different employment. I'll not keep doing like I did last year with my job.
Mike has a good reputation. He'll come through. I, on the other hand, am working on the track record.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Not to worry, I'm not about to throttle anyone! :lol:

Elegost, the pics are great and you should enter some into the contest!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Peter Remling wrote:Not to worry, I'm not about to throttle anyone! :lol:

Distance! Distance is the key. New York is what? probably 6-8 hours from here? Keeps the throttling to a minimum. :lol: