Help for Haiti; An auction by Michael Pikula

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

mcapanelli
Haeropada

Help for Haiti; An auction by Michael Pikula

Post by mcapanelli »

Well the title says it all. I'm reposting the original thread from myarmoury so I'll let Michel himself fill you in on the details.
I have been thinking about how I can do some greater good with the work that I make other then the satisfaction between just myself and the client. Talk is cheap now days and making a difference has to start somewhere so I am offering all in stock items up for a silent auction, I ask that the selling price be donated directly to UNICEF ( http://www.unicefusa.org/?gclid=CL6Z29i ... swodnwiz1A ) and then pay actual shipping by paypal. Help me make a difference.

Send me an e-mail: volundforge@hotmail.com with "Auction" in the subject line, and then the item number and the most that you are willing to donate. I ask a minimum of $50 per seax and the Kukri, and a minimum of $100 for the sword. Every bit will help the efforts. I will try to get another post up with the specifics on each piece when I get a chance, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. I will update the high bid daily and the auction will close on Sunday January 31.

If you are not interested in participating in donating I would ask that you help spread the word around.

Thanks!
Michael
Here's the link to the thread that includes a picture of the items up for grabs. Good luck and thank you for helping.

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=18722
Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Help for Haiti; An auction by Michael Pikula

Post by Eric C »

Have I mentioned lately that I HATE LAYOFFS!!!? He's got some nice stuff there. We've given through our favorite charity- that's not to say more will not be forthcoming- but if you've got the extra cash right now, it looks like you can pick up a good looking blade or two for cheap.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

I think this is very noble of Micheal, but even before the quakes hit Haiti The U.S. has spent over a trillion $$ on that island with only scant returns, to put it politely. I think they need and at least the elderly and children deserve our help, however, I think it is incumbent on them to rethink and indeed get off their collective asses and actually build their infastructure and government to start helping themselves.

Given the obvious impotence of the Haitian Government, I feel these conditions could have serious consequences with regards to security. While I reserve my prophecies, I can easily foresee kidnapping, piracy and the drug trade as well as related violence start to boom in this country. If something isnt done by the Haitians themselves, the Caribbean may not be such a popular vacation destination for too much longer...I hope I miss my guess...but all the right conditions are there, and sadly its no ones fault but their own.
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

All right. There are feelings that each of us have toward a given nation or government. Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant to the purpose of this forum. For the sake of avoiding any conflict I have decided to lock this thread.
Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.