Three hand forged blades - from the Mad Dwarf Workshop

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

MADswordsmith

Three hand forged blades - from the Mad Dwarf Workshop

Post by MADswordsmith »

Hey everyone!
This is my first post here, been lurking for a good while and have absolutely loved the atmosphere and genuinely awesome community here on this site. So I'm happy to jump right in. :)

My name's David. I'm one of the two Swordsmiths that make up the Mad Dwarf Workshop.
http://maddwarfworkshop.com/

We forge a variety of custom made one of a kind high quality swords seax's and knives. Many of which inspired by professor Tolkien and the ancient mythologies that inspired him as well.
So we thought this awesome community would be a fitting place to connect with some great people and share some of our work with those we know would appreciate it.

At the moment we have 3 brand new one of a kind blades for sale:

Hildeofor - a Germanic styled hunting seax:
http://maddwarfworkshop.com/Knives%20&% ... deofor.htm

Grimbold - a fantasy styled bushcraft blade:
http://maddwarfworkshop.com/Knives%20&% ... imbold.htm

And a Bloodwood Hunting Knife:
http://maddwarfworkshop.com/Knives%20&% ... 0knife.htm

All hand forged in our shop, fully functional for use out in the wilderness, and distinctly one of a kind.
We're listing them for very reasonable prices, specifically for you guys particularly here on this forum. As we would love to know that any of these three blades could be owned by a skilled woodsman or true Tolkien or Mythology fan who appreciates the craftsmanship and time put into these pieces.

Let us know what you think, and if you are interested in purchasing one of the three please shoot us an email at:
MadDwarfWorkshop@homtail.com
We really appreciate it!

I personally really look forward to getting to know some of you guys through this site and learn from your wealth of knowledge.
Thanks for looking!

David D.
My swordsmithing work:

Eric C
Vendor

Re: Three hand forged blades - from the Mad Dwarf Workshop

Post by Eric C »

I've been following your work for a while over on SFI. I think y'all have been forging for less time than I have, but your skills have advanced with every new product I've seen from you guys. I'm hoping to catch up to you some day 8) .

These are some fine blades you have displayed here. Here's your "official" welcome to the boards also. It's good to see you posting. We look forward to seeing more of your work and hopefully you'll add to our other discussions too.

Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome! I've perused your site several times, and your work is drool-worthy!
MADswordsmith

Post by MADswordsmith »

Thanks so much for the kind words gentlemen! They are really appreciated and encouraging. :)

& Eric.. dont be to hasty talking down your work!... I've seen your work before as well and just took a look at the "Dunedain sister knife" and absolutely loved what i saw!
Absolutely beautiful crisp & clean work.
really inspiring for me personally to try my hand at something similar.
My swordsmithing work:

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome indeed! Your work is amazing! Hoping one day to own some of your pieces!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm sure you've seen from your time spent lurking here that your work is thoroughly drooled over by the Ranger (and others in Middle Earth) community.

I myself have been designing a few blades for some time, and so help me, those designs will someday be sent to none other than you guys for forging. I have an immense amount of respect for what you guys are able to do, and would love to add one of your blades to my kit. You've seen, of course, that we're all about function over form around here, so I'm sure you can imagine that a blade smith like you that can ensure that a good-looking fantasy-based product actually works is a rare treat indeed.

On that note, the blade I've most fallen in love with on your site is Angrod, the long Dagger forged by Andy Davis. Do either of you do duplicates/similar pieces of earlier work? My guess is that by the time I have the funds available to get some custom blades done, Angrod will be long gone, and I'm planning on eventually acquiring a blade like it as well as a companion short sword. Just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the subject. Thanks again for joining up and sharing with us! If you're looking for information on the practicality of blades and tools from people who have used them in the "real" world, you're in the right place.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks David. Such praise is both uplifting and humbling at the same time. I'm hoping to post a couple of "Dunedain Sisters" for the populace here soon. One has been tempered and is awaiting final grind now.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Eric cant wait to see those.

I have visited so many times almost on a weekly basis and love all your work. One day hopefully I will be able to have one of your fine blades.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Loving the site revamp, David. EalGyd is gorgeous, by the way.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
MADswordsmith

Post by MADswordsmith »

Thanks so much Willrett & Greg!
Eric, I also cant wait to see those new blades. I'm sure they will be beautiful.

And like Greg said, we have a brand new revamped website, so please check it out and let us know what you think!
My swordsmithing work:

Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

These blades you've posted here have inspired me to start trying my hand at pattern welding. It could be a while before they reach a high standard, but It's coming up soon.

I'll have to check out the website when I get home this afternoon. Wish I knew how to build a website. :lol: I have a friend looking in to it for me.
Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elegost »

:shock: Whoa your a genius with blades! One day when I get some more income I shall definatly be buying from you.
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dinendir. »

:shock:
Holy cow.
I didn't know about your site until now, but I am thoroughly shocked.
And in love. Humina-humina-humina!
:mrgreen:

I do believe I know what I'm gonna buy to start my kit.
Just so you know.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.