Out of supplies sale

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Eric C
Vendor

Out of supplies sale

Post by Eric C »

Okay, here's the deal. I was hoping to have a couple of Dunedain Sister knives to put up for sale, but one of them has given me enough trouble that I will have to set it aside for now. After putting so much into the one that is now set off to the side, I am out of supplies to use for other knives.

So all I got are these three. They are unfinished as you can see.

Stats so far:
Top knife: Wolf Claw style seax. 9 7/16" OAL
5 7/8" blade. Nearest to completion out of the three.

Middle knife:
Broken Back style OAL Almost 8 7/8"
Blade length: 4 3/8"
Needs final sanding, handle slabs and polish/sharpening.

Bottom knife:
Utility knife: OAL: 9 5/8"
Blade length: 4 7/8"
Needs heat treat/temper then finishing.

So, here's what I can do. I can give you the choice of Walnut, Purpleheart or Cocobolo handle slabs with 3/16" brass pins. These will be completed soon after you order.

What I need: Half down for supplies to finish these knives, and your choice of handle material.

The knife business has sapped too much money out of the house fund for me to continue to do it. I can't afford to keep buying the sandpaper and other supplies to finish the knives. I'm hoping to make the knives become self supporting. If I can't do that, then I will have to stop making them on a regular basis.

Sorry, I can't accept trades at this time. While trades are great for getting an item you really need, they don't replace supplies you've used for the knives.

Price: $70.00 each. If you buy more than one, or all three, we'll see about working out a break on that.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Out of supplies sale

Post by Eric C »

BTW, PM me if you are interested in any of these.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Faolan
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Faolan »

Erf, I wish I could get that top blade but I'm strapped for cash myself right now! :(

Faolan
Many evil things there are that your strong walls and bright swords do not stay.
You know little of the lands beyond your bounds.
Peace and freedom, do you say?
The North would have known them little but for us.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Seems to be the story for a large slice of us.

Just want to give these knives a little bump. It's a chance to get one of my knives in two small payments and to get them pretty quickly.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

If it can wait til the 15th I am interested in the top one. Let me know.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I will hold it, Thank you
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Top knife is sold and well on its way to being finished. If anyone is interested in either of the other two, let me know.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hopefully the top knife reached its destination today. I am starting work on the second knife now. If anyone is interested, let me know.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Got the top knife today...looks great.

Thanks, Eric
Attachments
P1020004.JPG
P1020004.JPG (126.18 KiB) Viewed 14622 times
P1020001.JPG
P1020001.JPG (122.85 KiB) Viewed 14622 times
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Holy Hollin!

That's one gorgeous knife!

And how is the proud father today?!?!

All kidding aside...could we see a pic of it in hand, to get an idea of scale?

Thanks! You're a lucky on!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Beautiful work Eric! I wish I could get the second one, but money is tight. E. was really lucky to get one!
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Regrettably it is in SC and I am in MS. The wife took those pics. I'll get some additional pics as soon as I get home.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

'Tis alright...when you have time. I can settle for the penny and floppy disk for scale references, for the time being.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I was really happy to find that wood for the handle. It is walnut that a friend gave me. It came from a piece that had a knot hole in it. I moved up a few inches from the knot and cut out the slabs.

Kaelln: If you're interested, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out. I understand tight money.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Well he has possession of that knife now so he can take better pics of it in his hand so you can get a better idea of it's size and such. Eric, that wood is beautiful. It came out awsome.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com