Walnut Dunedain Sister

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Walnut Dunedain Sister

Post by Willrett »

Eric I think you can update
[Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives. Hopefully one day I can say "Maker of fine knives." ]

I think you can have it say Maker of fine knives now. That is a beautiful blade and if I wasn't saving for a sword and some other project materials, and my upcoming wedding I would buy that in a second.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Eric, do you sell on Armour Archive?? If not, you should. There are alot of medieval type peeps there and not all SCA, who would LOVE your stuff.

I just don't recall seeing your name over there, unless you use a different id.. If you don't already, then go there and join using your Ichthean Forge as your id.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Eric, would you be willing to take on an apprentice (for lack of a better word)? I have always wanted to try my hand at forging blades but never have had the time and equipment. I might can get the time to make occasional trips up there to learn and one day I might be able to get the stuff together to do my own stuff.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Willrett: Just put the wedding off another year or two. Priorities man! :P :lol: Thanks for the new sig option.

Kiriana: I'm trying to remember if I'm on Armour Archive or not. I think I am, but I haven't been there in a while. Senility kicking in early there. :roll: Love your screen name too. I have a character in a story I'm writing who has that name, but I spelled it differently. I've put the story down for a while to get my thoughts together on it.

Erich: I'd be glad to teach you! If you could get the chance to come up, it would be great.

I've hesitated to put my work elsewhere because many of the sites I visit are pretty fond of historical stuff. I classify mine as "functional fantasy" for the most part. I am working on more hunting knives lately.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Thanks Eric.. actually the name is from one of my many rpg characters I play.. this one happens to be from our MacKermak Keep rpg.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Thats a great lookin knife, Eric!

I'm at a loss to understand this terminology though....
If it functions, it aint fantasy :lol:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great point!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

R.D. you are so right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides Eric, alot of people say like like more authentic or period work.. but, remember.. HOW DID THEY MAKE KNIVES WAY BACK WHEN???

They did it just as you do... BY HAND hehe Just because it isn't made to be a replica of some blade of the past... it doesnt matter. Unless they are Re-enactors and NEED a specific style blade, most Medievalists just love nice, well made, hand made blades hehehe

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Eric C wrote:2) There is the other "something special" I mentioned. If you're interested in seeing it, or actually acquiring it, you might want to get this knife.

Not to try to add any pressure or anything. :lol:
Is our comerade Eric going to start pattern-welding?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I wish! Not yet, but it's in the future.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

It's annoying when you first start learning. Once you get the hang of it, it's like a drug. LOL You'll love it!

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Is there no one interested in setting up a playment plan to own this "beautiful one of a kind piece?" I'm easy to work with. I understand what it is to be broke, so here's a great opportunity to get a knife from someone willing to work with you.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

If I could reliably guarantee a payment schedule, sure, I would. But I can't, not yet. Probably not until the end of October at earliest. Everything is going into getting the treadle machines refurbished and in peak condition.

I'd love to own one of your pieces Eric, just the timing is ugly for me at the moment.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dinendir. »

I'll have to agree with Eledhwen. I'm currently going through the process of getting hired at the Sheriff's department, but they told me it would be a month or so before I will know anything.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Belbarad wrote:I'll have to agree with Eledhwen. I'm currently going through the process of getting hired at the Sheriff's department, but they told me it would be a month or so before I will know anything.
That's how it went with my job at the beginning of the summer. The government won't tell you ANYTHING until it's your starting day, practically. For me, it was literally. Phone call at 6 am "Hey, you can start today, right? Like, in half an hour, right?"
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.