So Mike, how was Chivalric Weekend ?

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

So Mike, how was Chivalric Weekend ?

Post by Peter Remling »

Us inquiring minds want to know !
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Please, I ended up having to miss it due to family obligations ad a trip my wife had to go on. We just couldn't afford both with the rising cost of just about everything so I gave up mine. Bummer :cry: I knew a bunch of people there and really looked forward to training with NYHF and Christian Tobler. Oh well there's always next year and I do have my Saturday study group.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Sorry to hear that.

My younger brother Mike did go with my nephew Zack.

Pros-he learned some techniques and it illuminated some of the ideas and questions he had from Christian Tobler's books.

Cons- almost everyone there had been involved in swordsmanship for years or went with a group. Mike has done neither so he and Zack hung out with the one other non-group beginner, facilities were limited and it rained 2 nights

He said if he goes next year he's going to stay at a hotel, Mike is well beyond party animal stage so he and Zack got no sleep.

I have to make arrangments to go up and practice with him before he forgets what he learned. His phrase not mine.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Well if you all have the time your always welcome to practice with my group. We still meet on Saturdays and now that the summers here we'll be in full swing.
Winter is coming
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Believe me I wan to but I generally only get 1 Sat off a month so it's difficult with family obligations and such.