LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Jon »

Eric C wrote:Can't download. My computer and internet connection won't handle it. :cry: Pretty much all online games are out until I can do something different at least with the connection speed.
:cry: :cry:
I wind up spending far too much time exploring the world; that is, I get distracted a lot by places and ruins I have never seen before. Or watching the sunrises, the animals, etc.
Exactly the same for me too! I'm only level 17 so that actually restricts how far I can explore cause all the :evil: monsters get too hard. Maybe they should make a server uniquely to explore Middle Earth :roll:

Anyway, what times do you guys usually play?

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/01 ... y-contest/

Something for you guys to think about 8)
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

Dirhael, here lately it's not been too often that I've been signing on, IF at all. Normally it would be for a few minutes at a time during the day on weekdays. The idea of them creating a server strictly for explorers would be awesome, but then you would have people complain after a while that it's just too boring after they've explored the entirety of ME (I know I sure wouldn't get tired of it 8) I'm always finding little roads and ruins that I've never seen before).

Ken, that seems like it would be interesting 8) And by the way, this is completely irrelevant to the game, but I LOVE your signature (heck, I don't even like the actual series itself).

Ernildhir, if I may make a suggestion, maybe we should have our gathering on a weekend? Possibly on a Saturday or during the late morning/afternoon hours on Sunday (this could be a bit tricky though, as some of us are in different time zones).
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

I think here we are 8 hours after the East Cost. I think. So ya.. it would help if it wasn't in the middle of the night.

Life before Death.
Oissene
Wayfarer

Post by Oissene »

got 2 characters on crickwhatever...my daughter and her significant other also there...am willing 2 switch....uall in an alliance/group whatever they are called in this game?....would uall be willin 2 set 1 up with all that are interested?...do some runnin around/explorin/questy stuff?
watchinglisteningdefending
Ranger of Arthedain

On the Crickhollow server lol. If you want to switch as in transferring your character to the Arkenstone server, it costs $24.95 to do so, if you were unaware :). You can always create a new character on there to save on money if you don't want to pay the transferral cost. Once I transfer my character over, I will not be in a kinship-which is what you're speaking about- any longer. I'm not sure if the others are in a kin on there or not, but I would be interested in creating a kin if enough people are willing. :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Yeah! A Kinship! We could be called the Defenders of Arnor or whatever but all the good name are probably already taken...
My new character I just made on Arkenstone is a level 10 Hunter called ''Dirhaelar'' (the 'ar' bit added on the end since Dirhael was unavailable). I am currently around Bree, Staddle etc.. if anyone wants to meet up.

Life before Death.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I have a brand new Warden character on Arkenstone. My Huntress just made 30th. Wennara is the Warden. Hehehe.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Alright... I think this is probably as many Rangers as we're going to get. It seems that we're looking at about six or seven right now, which would be a pretty nice turnout if we can all make it at the decided time.

Beth, yes, I think it should be a weekend. People are generally freer on weekends, so we should have a better chance of wide availability.

What I'm going to do now is propose two different weekends, and relate the time slots I will be available during these weekends. Everyone else please do the same -- hopefully we'll come up with a time slot on one of those weekends that all or most of us will be able to attend. If not, we can aim for a weekend further in the future.

Please standardize all times to EST

I propose the weekends of February 12-13 and February 26-27.

My Saturday availability: 6:00 PM EST to as late as we need to go
My Sunday availability: 4:00 PM EST to as late as we need to go

I think we should meet in the Prancing Pony Inn and move out from there.

As for a kinship, we created one about a month ago... it's called Rangers of the North. We're awaiting kinship lifespan rank 7 and then we'll have a kin house as well.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Wait so if we are 1 hour ahead of GMT and GMT is 5 hours ahead of EST then we are 6 hours ahead of EST. So if its 8:50am here, that means that it is 2:50 am there! Please check if my calculations are right, always been rubbish at maths :oops:

February 12-13: I am free Saturday 10am to 5pm EST. same goes for Sunday. After that it's too late. Sorry Ernildhir, but your times don't really work for me. Unless anyone could try to go a bit earlier than what Ernildir said I won't be able to make it.

For the weekend after that, I'm not sure yet but probably the same times.

Do just check my calculations though. Just in case!

Life before Death.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Those dates and times work for me.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

Dirhael, I'm going to assume with your calculations that you are in the UK; if so, then yes your calculations are correct (I have a few friends from there, we were always struggling with the time difference when we were in school). How much earlier are you thinking? Should my days and nights NOT be mixed back up before the appointed times, I tend to wake up at around...6-8 AM EST; which is around...12-2 PM your time. Once I'm up and doing something productive I can go all day; that being said, the dates listed are fine for me, IF I can get the computer. The game won't play properly on my own laptop, so I'm having to use my parents'.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Well, I'm actually based in Tunisia right now but it's about the same time as in the UK I think. But yes if you could all play in the morning I would be playing in the afternoon so that would work.

Life before Death.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

:/ Sorry, Dirhael. Silly time differences. We'll have to come up with some sort of a workaround. You said you can play until 5:00 PM EST? Maybe we could aim for a 4:00-5:00 time slot on a Sunday? I don't think we'll need more than an hour... we'll probably just run around and take screenshots. Unfortunately, I can't to mornings myself. I live in PST and my weekend mornings and early afternoons are almost always occupied. If it would be too hard for you to do 4:00-to 5:00, though, I could *try* to get a free morning.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Well if you could get a free morning that would be good but don't worry about it. I should manage till 5:00, maybe a bit later. Sorry all for myself creating all these problems :/

Life before Death.