Pic sharing

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Pic sharing

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi all,

I have a hate/hate relationship with photobucket, does anyone know of any free alternatives so I can share pics in the group? Currently more on the FB group because of the ease of sharing. Thanks!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Pic sharing

Post by Taurinor »

The "safest" (in a long-term solution sense) would be to upload images to posts as attachments using the tab below to the comment text box when making a post. There is a size limit, but it means that if the forums are up, the images will be up, too.

I've been using Google Photos, but since those images are not directly embed-able, I've been using QTRL.org's tool for generating embed codes for Google Photos. It's clunky and won't necessarily work long term, but it's free.

I know Imgur and Flickr are also image-hosting services, but I haven't used them, so I can't speak to quality or ease of use.

Another option would be to upload photos to a blogging platform like Wordpress or Tumblr, right-clicking for "copy image address", then using that URL to post the images over here.

Those are the methods I'm aware of - hopefully other folks will know more!
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

When I don't attach directly to the forum I use tinypic.com
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Mirimaran wrote:Hi all,

I have a hate/hate relationship with photobucket, does anyone know of any free alternatives so I can share pics in the group? Currently more on the FB group because of the ease of sharing. Thanks!

Ken
I end up opening Windows Paint, opening the image, then reducing it to 20% or so of the original size, saving it under a different name, and then attaching it here.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I just opened an Imgur account. It was pretty easy to open, upload, reduce the size and post to the forum.
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

I figured out how to resize things using MSPaint, I try to upload it first and if it's too big I resize it to half, and that worked for the few pictures I posted of that pouch I made.