Eofor of the Black Tusk

Got a song, a tale, some news of far off places or Orcs gathering? Step up and loose your word hoard.

Moderator: Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

Re: Eofor of the Black Tusk

Post by Eofor »

Taylor Steiner wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 am Really really neat! Great storytelling! Wow!
Thanks for your kind words Taylor, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Harper wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:24 pmWell spun!
Storytelling praise from a bard is high indeed, thank you Harper.
Iodo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 pm Yep, it's an amazing story, and now I find my self waiting to read the story of when Eofor finally meets his black tusked enemy :P
Thank you very much Iodo, I'm not so sure he ever does find the troll. Eofor is a man lost in time, his dream is to return home but he has been gone so long that if he did so he would be an outsider, an old greybeard in the corner whispered about over mugs.
Mothers would tell his tale to children as an exemplar of warrior culture, the oathkeeper, the vengeful one..... But they would pray their own children never took so bold, so rash an oath.
So even if he gains his vengeance it will be bittersweet....
Cimrandir wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:10 am Finally sat down and finished the tale! Very well done Eofor! I certainly look forward to more of your writing someday. You've got a clear and compelling style that sweeps you away while reading. Loved it!
It was your suggestion to continue with the audio so it probably owes a lot to you!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.