Recently translated fragment......

Got a song, a tale, some news of far off places or Orcs gathering? Step up and loose your word hoard.

Moderator: Greg

ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Recently translated fragment......

Post by ForgeCorvus »

We are the Long Road.
The Lonely Path.
The Silent Stalk by moonlight.

We are the figure glimpsed beyond your firelight.
The footprint on the mountaintop.
Cold ashes beside the stream.

We are the sword beneath the cloak.
The armoured vagabond.
Yew-thrown death born on three silent wings.

We are Myth, Rumour, Tavern stories.
Deeds unrecorded in parchment or song.
Unwanted, Untrusted, Unheeded.

And you may live your gentle lives,
tucked warm within your beds.
Unknowing,
that rough handed men stand ready to do violence on your behalf.
And the War shall not see you..
Last edited by ForgeCorvus on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Eofor
Haeropada

Re: Recently translated fragment......

Post by Eofor »

It's always good to have another writer on the board and one with some talent it seems.
I particularly like this line
Yew-thrown death born on three silent wings.

But if I may be so bold
And you may live your gentle little lives
Does not quite ring right to me, it can sound resentful. I think that removing the 'little' might make it a better finish. But that's just my humble opinion and I hope it doesn't offend.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Eofor, Thank you for your kind words.
Most of the things that come out of my head are drivel, but every once in a while I get something thats not to embarrassing to show people
Eofor wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:19 pm
And you may live your gentle little lives
Does not quite ring right to me, it can sound resentful. I think that removing the 'little' might make it a better finish. But that's just my humble opinion and I hope it doesn't offend.
I wasn't sure about "little" either, I'd already removed a couple of lines that didn't read well before I posted...... So, I think I'll go edit.

Its a pity that neither the font nor the format survived porting, now I've got to find how to do that........ I suppose I could scan a hardcopy as an image, this will need more thought.
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 pm Most of the things that come out of my head are drivel, but every once in a while I get something thats not to embarrassing to show people
I'm much the same, it can be daunting I imagine being new here to put a creative work up. I've been doing it for a bit and guess some people would find the stories I add to my photos annoying but for me they are all part and parcel of the journey. I think Harper has an excellent line she adds to her facebook posts which goes something along the line of - 'Enjoy or not as best suits you' which I have completely stolen :mrgreen:
ForgeCorvus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 pm Its a pity that neither the font nor the format survived porting, now I've got to find how to do that........ I suppose I could scan a hardcopy as an image, this will need more thought.
I have a very similar work which I wrote a while back around the Dwarven Fell Wardens but I'm in the same position as I want to record it and maybe do a hard copy. I like the way these things work when they are delivered as a multimedia.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.