Hobbit footage analysis and spoiler review.

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Hobbit footage analysis and spoiler review.

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi all,

Recently some test footage for the 48fps format was shown in Las Vegas for film critics of the Hobbit, and while there is a debate about the technology, what we care about is the review of what is in that footage, so here is the link, consider yourselves warned. And yes, if you are a purist, especially about the Dunedain, you might be a tad irked.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/04 ... -analysis/

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Hobbit footage analysis and spoiler review.

Post by Manveruon »

I saw this yesterday and was pretty excited. I was a little annoyed that the writers on the film felt it necessary to deviate this far from the source material, but oh well. It's certainly not the first time PJ and his team have done so. But overall I was happy with the Trilogy, so I have high hopes for the Hobbit films.

The thing that I'm actually most apprehensive about, based on this article (POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD), is the description of Radagast, and the whole jackrabbit-sled thing. I felt these elements seemed just a bit over-the-top, and I hope the movie doesn't take on a completely cartoony/campy/bad-sword-and-sorcery-novel feel because of elements like these. We'll see though.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains