Teaser trailer

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Teaser trailer

Post by wulfgar »

http://geektyrant.com/news/first-traile ... ive-armies

Well, any thoughts? I see a chariot,,runaway carts,,,goat riders???. Sigh.
You can't take the sky from me.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: Teaser trailer

Post by Straelbora »

wulfgar wrote:http://geektyrant.com/news/first-traile ... ive-armies

I'm assuming the out of control cart will eventually hit something and burst into flames, comically killing several Orcs.

And 56,927 Orcs will shoot arrows at Legolas, who will pass unscathed. His one arrow fired in return will kill all of them.

Dain will be written as a campy character and completely over acted by Billy Connely.

Thorin and Kili will hop into the Dwarfcopter (tm) and fly after Smaug.

What you've seen of Bilbo in the teaser trailer is the sum total of screen time the character will have in the film.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

The trailer does not give me any hope for the movie. It seems PJ is still doing his best to destroy the story that people love.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Straelbora wrote:
wulfgar wrote:http://geektyrant.com/news/first-traile ... ive-armies

I'm assuming the out of control cart will eventually hit something and burst into flames, comically killing several Orcs.

And 56,927 Orcs will shoot arrows at Legolas, who will pass unscathed. His one arrow fired in return will kill all of them.

Dain will be written as a campy character and completely over acted by Billy Connely.

Thorin and Kili will hop into the Dwarfcopter (tm) and fly after Smaug.

What you've seen of Bilbo in the teaser trailer is the sum total of screen time the character will have in the film.
QFT.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Yeah I have to say...I really don't enjoy the Hobbit as much as LOTR. But then it's aimed at a younger crowd if you think of it. The Hobbit was what was read to you as a child and LOTR you read in high school..in that aim he does aim things closer to a junior level of humor however I do enjoy some moments in them here and there.....the biggest irk I have is that in fellowship they show bilbo finding the ring his clothes...why did he not duplicate the scene and expand on it really?.............I have little things like that
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Rifter wrote: I do enjoy some moments in them here and there.....the biggest irk I have is that in fellowship they show bilbo finding the ring his clothes...why did he not duplicate the scene and expand on it really?.............I have little things like that
One possible explanation that you can use to ease the suffering a bit, is that in the FOTR Galadriel was nararating Bilbo's story as it may have been told to her. In the Hobbit Bilbo describes the scene to Frodo in his book the way he saw it. There could be a case made for Bilbo expanding on the tale as many tales deserve that according to Gandalf, or just the discrepency of first hand vs second hand knowledge. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

A way to look at it. I got to see the trailer in an actual theatre today, I'll still Strider up and see it and it for me is more about meeting other fans who love the films and books then if the movie is as good as this one or that. FOTR is still my fav out of all of them.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Now that is also another way of looking at it, and a wonderful attitude!

BTW No more man up or cowboy up for me, "Strider up!" or "Ranger up!" will be my new exortation! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

I like it. Ranger up. 'Rangers Lead The Way'.