'k It's out.. wha'cha think?

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Re: 'k It's out.. wha'cha think?

Post by Rifter »

ahh see I haven't seen the extended editions so some of this stuff is a welcome imput
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Yavion
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Yavion »

Ehem, I'mma just leave this HERE.

I saw nothing, I know nothing, you can prove nothing......
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Ok, I'll post my usual comment on the PJ Hobbit / LotR fanfics. I was fortunate to be able to see them at free premieres, so I didn't have to spend good cash to be subjected to them. The three hobbit films did make the three LotR films look better in comparison. No, I'm not a fan of PJ Boyens & co's fanfic screenplays. But I give credit where credit is due, and for the most part ( with a few glaring exceptions) they got character casting pretty good in all the movies, and got the scenes pretty good for The Shire and Bree and some of the landscapes. But a great actor cast in character and they can own the part, but they can't do much about a crappy screenplay. Did I expect the movies to be exactly like the books? of course not, but these movie screenplays were a piss-poor attempt (if I can call it that) at telling the tale. All I can say is I hope I live long enough to see the re-makes.
Hanasían
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor