Forums Miscellaneous Media Forum Lord of the Rings TV Series Gets Amazon Premiere Date, First Look (Articl

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Harper
Haeropada

Forums Miscellaneous Media Forum Lord of the Rings TV Series Gets Amazon Premiere Date, First Look (Articl

Post by Harper »

Just announced:

https://tvline.com/2021/08/02/lord-of-t ... ate-photo/

I have mixed feelings.

I want (am) going to watch it, but my concern is that they will inject a PC agenda and ruin it like Disney ruined Star Wars.

Second Age.
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Forums Miscellaneous Media Forum Lord of the Rings TV Series Gets Amazon Premiere Date, First Look (Articl

Post by Harper »

Does anybody know how to edit the thread title?

I don't know what happened.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Forums Miscellaneous Media Forum Lord of the Rings TV Series Gets Amazon Premiere Date, First Look (Articl

Post by Elleth »

Well, I never doubted it would be pretty. :)

By the landscape and vaguely WETA-Gondorian architecture, I'm assuming that's Annúminas?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Elleth wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:41 pm Well, I never doubted it would be pretty. :)

By the landscape and vaguely WETA-Gondorian architecture, I'm assuming that's Annúminas?
I see the trees in the background, not a Sun. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Valinor.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

YOU AND YOUR ELVEN EYES!

... of course you're right. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Elleth wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 am YOU AND YOUR ELVEN EYES!

... of course you're right. :mrgreen:
...which could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. I've decided at this point I'm just not going to pass judgment until I physically see them screw something up. I don't have high hopes, but at least it's a lovely image, with good potential.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Harper wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:00 pm Just announced:

https://tvline.com/2021/08/02/lord-of-t ... ate-photo/

I have mixed feelings.

I want to (am) going to watch it, but my concern is that they will inject a PC agenda and ruin it like Disney ruined Star Wars.

Second Age.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Disney ruined Star Wars, and I have some glimmers of hope here, mostly because the Tolkien estate has reportedly been closely involved and very pleased with what they’ve seen so far. But that’s all just hear-say right now, so in the end I’m going to reserve judgement until I at least see more tangible evidence.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Manveruon wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:05 pm For what it’s worth, I don’t think Disney ruined Star Wars
I might be starting a big argument here, but I agree with you :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Iodo wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:06 am
Manveruon wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:05 pm For what it’s worth, I don’t think Disney ruined Star Wars
I might be starting a big argument here, but I agree with you :lol:
Nah...

We're all friends--you're allowed to be wrong. :P

Putting out a Star Wars movie used to be like getting permission to print money.

Disney lost money on Solo.

I think that they just broke even overall with respect to the franchise.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Harper wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:22 pm We're all friends--you're allowed to be wrong. :P
:lol:
Harper wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:22 pm We're all friends--you're allowed to be wrong. :P

Putting out a Star Wars movie used to be like getting permission to print money.

Disney lost money on Solo.

I think that they just broke even overall with respect to the franchise.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
I just thought that was because hey put out to many movies too close together? maybe?

and Solo is the best Disney Star Wars
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

I feel like solo was a combination of too much stuff coming out at once and too many people making up their minds about it before actually seeing it. I'll admit to being pretty firmly in the "noone but harrison ford" camp, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Solo and rogue one impressed me a lot and honestly, if you don't like rogue one you're probably just not a star wars fan.

Also the amazon show looks outstanding, and the people looking for reasons to hate it with 0 knowledge of it really bum me out.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

yep, too much stuff coming out all at once, I agree with you there, Star Wars crazy people like me don't have a problem with it, but the majority of people only like it a bit, and for a spell Disney brought out films so fast that all probably just got bored of it or waited for the movies to come out on disk, I was guilty of this at least once because cinemas are expensive

Rogue 1 is my second favourite Disney Star Wars :P
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

theowl wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:10 pm I feel like solo was a combination of too much stuff coming out at once and too many people making up their minds about it before actually seeing it. I'll admit to being pretty firmly in the "noone but harrison ford" camp, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Solo and rogue one impressed me a lot and honestly, if you don't like rogue one you're probably just not a star wars fan.

Also the amazon show looks outstanding, and the people looking for reasons to hate it with 0 knowledge of it really bum me out.
Ask 100 different Star Wars fans their opinions on all the different Star Wars films and media, and you will get 300 different answers.

Suffice it to say, I have vastly different opinions about a lot of this stuff, but in an effort not to turn this normally amicable forum into a war zone, I will abstain from further commentary :lol:
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

It's all good. You're allowed to be wrong. :P