Bicolline Group

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

kleenur
Wanderer

Bicolline Group

Post by kleenur »

Hey all,
I just became aware of this : https://www.bicolline.org/public/accueil/ in Montreal, which is about 4 hours from me in NH. Is there a ranger contingent there that ayone is aware of?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

-J.R.R Tolkien
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Bicolline Group

Post by Peter Remling »

Not that I've heard of but they have invested a lot in that site- amazing comes to mind.
kleenur
Wanderer

Post by kleenur »

If there's enough interest it would be incredible to make a "Rangers of Gondor" guild, or some such.

-J.R.R Tolkien
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

After a quick search, it appears that among their special events and regularly scheduled stuff, they have what are called "Tavern Evenings" where people simply mingle in-character and eat in a restaurant-type setting. I think this would be the most welcoming part of the whole thing to peoples such as ourselves, and if I ever find myself in the area, I might not be able to pass.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

There was a fellow out here in Colorado a while back who came to one of our make and mend days who was a longtime participant at Bicolline. I had never heard of it before then, but I looked it up when he told me about it and holy crap. I want to go so bad. It seems like a totally unique experience unlike anything else we have here in the Americas. Much more like some of the LARPs and living history events you see in Europe. And the site is simply gorgeous.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
kleenur
Wanderer

Post by kleenur »

One of the unexpected amazing things I have discovered since moving back to NH from the Midwest is Bicolline. This discovery has led me to more discoveries in LARP locally and there seems to be a thriving community. Pretty much every weekend of the year that being outside is tolerable in New England there appears to be something going on within a few hours of me. I am really deep diving into a Dunedain Ranger Persona that will fit into the various groups. I have been slowly gathering various sorts of garb items, and crafting skills over the last 5 or so years, and have now finally found a place to play.

-J.R.R Tolkien
kleenur
Wanderer

Post by kleenur »

Since my initial post there has been some development on this front. First and foremost I have attended an event, and written a blog post about it. Second I wrote a post about how to go to Bicolline for Americans, and third a friend and I have created a "psudo guild" for people we know who are interested in Bico. All the group consists of right now is a group name (Serpentgaard) and a Facebook group.

Tavern Night Article: https://therangerofdarkhollow.wordpress ... ern-night/

How to Get to Bicolline: https://therangerofdarkhollow.wordpress ... o-to-bico/

Let me know your Facebook name, and I can add you to the group if you're interested. It's mostly for people in Northern/Central NH & VT.

-J.R.R Tolkien
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Awesome article :P

That looks like the most amazing LARP ever !!! :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.