LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Ernildir
Haeropada

LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Ernildir »

Greetings,

Beth (aka Ranger of Arthedain) has recently informed me that she has created a character on the Arkenstone server and is interested in a Ranger gathering. I'd like to plan a time at which we could get as many Rangers as possible to meet up on Arkenstone, play a bit, and take pictures. :mrgreen: I can come up with a simple Ranger outfit that we can pass around for people to equip cosmetically, so that we'll all look nice and Rangerous together.

First of all, how much interest do we have in this? I know Beth, my brother, and I should be willing and able to meet up. Would anyone else like to declare an interest in attendance before we start planning a date and time? Willrett and Taurthir, are you guys up for a meeting? I haven't seen you around in game recently, but I'm hoping you'll be able to pop in for a quick gathering. :mrgreen: If anyone else plays LOTRO, it would be great if you could just create a quick character on Arkenstone for the gathering. Should be a lot of fun.

So... everyone please declare your interest and then we'll get going with a plan for the date.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Jon »

I hereby declare my interest!

I will create a ranger on the Arkenstone server for the purpose of ranger gatherings here forth.

Yours sincerely, Dirhael.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

I'm in...lemme know where and when.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I have Silivrian on Arkentsone. She's a Hunter..new...but 11th level already.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

Eledhwen wrote:I have Silivrian on Arkentsone. She's a Hunter..new...but 11th level already.

Eledhwen

At least you're making more headway than I, Eledhwen (and as a side note, I simply love the name Silivrian, it's beautiful!). :p Erendian is still a meager lvl 9...I've been thinking of doing a character transfer for Mallornriel, my lvl 56 hunter, from the Silverlode to Arkenstone server as I really have no patience at all with lvling another hunter up. :|

That aside, this should make for an interesting gathering. 8)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

If you do decide to transfer I'll give you 25 gold pieces. I learned how to make fortunes by exploiting the auction house, and I need to get rid of it all somehow. 8) No pressure, though. It's not as if Arkenstone is really heavily populated by our forum members... my brother and I are the only Rangers who consistently play there, as far as I know.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ranger of Arthedain

Ernildhir wrote:If you do decide to transfer I'll give you 25 gold pieces. I learned how to make fortunes by exploiting the auction house, and I need to get rid of it all somehow. 8) No pressure, though. It's not as if Arkenstone is really heavily populated by our forum members... my brother and I are the only Rangers who consistently play there, as far as I know.

:shock:

Such acts of generosity are unheard of these days, even IN a game.

I can barely keep 2 pieces of gold, let alone 25 (the equipment I have go through more damage than necessary). :|

Without a doubt I will transfer her, but it will be about a week, give or take, from now (if only paychecks would come sooner *sigh* we would all be a bit more happier, I think). At least there will be one person on the Arkenstone I am familiar with (along with the other members who have created a character for the sole purpose of rangering) compared to those on the Silverlode (which is none, sadly, save for one whom I use to RP with on a regular basis). :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Just started up a character on Arkenstone. Gudhraran, elf hunter, 9th LVL
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I'm down loading as we speak. I've never played before so it will probably take me a while to get up to speed.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Can't download. My computer and internet connection won't handle it. :cry: Pretty much all online games are out until I can do something different at least with the connection speed.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Silivrian is 26th. *Blush* I wound up spending most of a day playing with her.

I have a Champion on there as well but the Huntress is more my style.

On Imladris I have Findiriel & Tindiriel...Guardian and Lore Master, 37 and 18 respectively. I progress more slowly than you young folk and have never managed to gain large amounts of funding. I wind up spending far too much time exploring the world; that is, I get distracted a lot by places and ruins I have never seen before. Or watching the sunrises, the animals, etc.

Eledhwen

Oh, and Silivrian is my favorite Tolkien name. I had a MERP character named Ithiriel Silivrian but the first name was already taken on the servers. In retrospect, I probably should have chosen Silivrian for my name here. A bit closer to my actual name of Siani. ;)
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

Lovely name as well, Siani. ;)

You're not the only one, though, as I tend to progress more slowly than others for the very same reason as you. Mallornriel is my ranger currently on the Silverlode and I usually spend my time riding through the different areas taking screen shots. I've dedicated an entire photo album to her travels. 8) Just last night I sat there on The Hill in the Shire, with her campfire built next to her as if she had camped there watching over the hobbits, waiting for the sunrise. The graphics for the game is just too beautiful, imo.

Pete, be looking forward to seeing you on there! 8)

Eric, do you have DSL or dial-up? I've been there too (slow connection speed), when we had dial up :cry: It was frustrating, to say the least, so I sympathize, friend. Hopefully you can get an upgrade so you can join in on the fun! :)
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Photo Albums of screen captures. I hadn't thought of that! Nice!

I found standing on Weathertop and looking across the countryside amazing. Rivendell is lovely. I have managed to get into Angmar, but so far not as far East as the Misty Mountains. Evendim I have been too and it has its own wild beauty.

All I have to do is see a ruin in the distance, or notice an old road and I'm off. LOL

Silivrian
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

I originally started out with a journal for her journeys, but I loved the photo album idea a little more. 8) The most pictures I've taken has been in Evendim and the Shire as I just love it there. I love looking over Weathertop, there's a small abandoned campsite near Candaith's encampment that has a small waterfall beside it, that's my favorite place. Wait until you get to Lothlorien, I thought Rivendell was beautiful (I still think that too, actually lol), but then I got to see Lothlorien. :P. I actually like the ruins in Harloeg (sp? can't remember the name, but it's right next to Ost Guruth). I'm currently stuck in Moria as it is :cry: I despise that place so much, my level is barely high enough to do quests in Lorien though, I'm secretly hoping to by pass the rest of the Moria quests :P. But even if I hate it, there's still something beautiful about the place.

If you want to do the screenshot idea, I use this site: http://myphotoalbum.com/ :) You can also use photobucket and numerous amounts of others, but I like the way this one is set up.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Thanks for the interest, friends! I'll just let this thread sit for a few more days to make sure everyone who might be interested has a chance to see it. After that, we can work on finding a date and time that will work for all of us.