Ranger Corps

Babylon 5, S.M. Stirling's Emberverse, Ranger's Apprentice, something else? Let's talk.

Moderator: caedmon

Druin
Wanderer

Ranger Corps

Post by Druin »

I've started a Ranger group in my local area, and the mania is quickly spreading. I've gotten a LOT of interest in what we're doing from people all over the place, and despite our relative infancy (the group has only been active a little over a year), we've got new chapters springing up in the Bay area of CA, Missoula in MT, and in Vancouver at the BC/WA border. I'd like to invite you guys to check out our Facebook page and see what we're up to:

https://www.facebook.com/rangercorpshq

We just got back from our first ever Ranger Gathering over Memorial Day weekend. EPIC hike, testing out gear, knowledge- and skill-sharing, archery and staff practice, cooking on the open fire! Awesome stuff! Check out pics from the trip and posts about what we're doing in meetings. If anyone wants more information, PM me! I'll send you what we have so far for info and curriculum!

If any of you live near Chico, CA, we have an open meeting this Monday, and you're welcome to come check it out.
~Druin
Attachments
Yes, that would be the glorious moon overlooking Matthew as he eats a slab of meat off his knife.
Yes, that would be the glorious moon overlooking Matthew as he eats a slab of meat off his knife.
Sunshine 3.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 15823 times
About halfway up on our hike to Eagle Rock. How many Rangers in the picture? :)
About halfway up on our hike to Eagle Rock. How many Rangers in the picture? :)
384638_10151649470599393_341674335_n.jpg (53.32 KiB) Viewed 15823 times
Happy Hunting
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Ranger Corps

Post by Beornmann »

Looks like a great outing.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Looks like a good group, Ranger Druin. Hope it continues to grow.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I wish I could get something like that started out here in CO. We've got some fantastic camping areas around, and I think we could have some pretty amazing adventures.

Anyway, looking good! Can't wait to see more from you about it!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
turnip
Dúnadan

Post by turnip »

I believe my sister is a member of the missoula chapter. She is the one who found this website and told me about it. I might be hard to get started, but you might have a chapter in Spokane someday too.
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

Is your sister Liz? She's the only one I know in the Missoula Chapter. She hasn't told me anyone else's names yet. I think I sent her the link for this forum. A Spokane chapter would be cool! PM me and we'll talk more about it :)
Happy Hunting