Star Wars Rangers…

Babylon 5, S.M. Stirling's Emberverse, Ranger's Apprentice, something else? Let's talk.

Moderator: caedmon

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Star Wars Rangers…

Post by caedmon »

Anyone catch the Aquillan Rangers reference in ep 1 of the Obi Wan show?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Star Wars Rangers…

Post by Iodo »

caedmon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:17 pm Anyone catch the Aquillan Rangers reference in ep 1 of the Obi Wan show?
Hmmm... I watched that last night and I can't sat that I did?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

Yes it's nice to see them dust off old unused material and go from "no source material" to drawing from things like early drafts of the original film script, Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, and the old de-canonized lore to bring us these "deep cut" references and Easter eggs.
Iodo wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:36 am Hmmm... I watched that last night and I can't sat that I did?
It was when young Leia is in the tree listing off all the ships taking off :)
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Jack wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:11 pm It was when young Leia is in the tree listing off all the ships taking off :)
Ahhh, yeah, I found it now, my brother was talking in that bit LOL
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Still haven't seen most of the Disney shows. Only Mando so far. Exciting to hear they brought back the Aquillan Rangers. Always did like that one character in the Wraith Squadron books.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Cimrandir wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:28 pm Still haven't seen most of the Disney shows. Only Mando so far. Exciting to hear they brought back the Aquillan Rangers. Always did like that one character in the Wraith Squadron books.
I don't think they have brought them back, or at least not yet, it was just a mention to they're existence
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Iodo wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:07 am
Cimrandir wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:28 pm Still haven't seen most of the Disney shows. Only Mando so far. Exciting to hear they brought back the Aquillan Rangers. Always did like that one character in the Wraith Squadron books.
I don't think they have brought them back, or at least not yet, it was just a mention to they're existence
Right. A reference is better than nothing I suppose.
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

It's been a while since I read any of the Xwing books, or any star wars books for that matter, so I could be wrong but I think those rangers there were Antarian (spelling?)Rangers.
I liked that character too though.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Jack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:56 pm It's been a while since I read any of the Xwing books, or any star wars books for that matter, so I could be wrong but I think those rangers there were Antarian (spelling?)Rangers.
I liked that character too though.
Dang, you’re right. Aquillan Rangers were only present in the draft for New Hope. Antarian Rangers were what I was thinking of. Though apparently Antarian Rangers were based on the Aquillan Ranger concept since the Aquillan Rangers never made it past the draft stage. Ah, Star Wars. Thanks for the correction! It’s been years since I read any of the books. :lol:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Antari ... rs/Legends