Plague Mask for Ranger

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Plague Mask for Ranger

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Just something I threw together...gotta look the part, even during a plague.

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Plague Mask for Ranger

Post by Greg »

I have had the Masked Rangers in Ithilien stuck in my head this week as Indiana went to state-wide mandatory masks in public places. My persona isn't based there, but it's been mighty tempting to hood and cloak up just for an excuse to wear a different mask!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Nice!

Yeah, I've been mulling this over myself. When out and about in the wilderness, where I'm able to at least stay a little distance away from most folks, I've been mostly wearing a large bandana, which ultimately fits the look of the Ithilien rangers quite well I think (particularly the version we saw in the movies), so I've probably been planning on wearing something like that if I go out in kit (which I sadly haven't this year). Basically just a large piece of green cloth doubled over into a triangle shape and tied in the back, "cowboy style." But if I'll be around a larger group of people for a more organized group hike I have considered doing something very similar to yours for a little extra protection, both directions.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

I made it more for fun and daily wearing at work, than actual use with my kit; like others here, I typically use a plain cloth 'bandanna' style face covering that is more in-universe.

I made it triple layered (outer, inner pocket, coffee filter insert), and honestly, it's a bit difficult to breathe through...I know Covid isn't getting in, because oxygen is just barely, lol.

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Will o’ the Wild
Wayfarer

Post by Will o’ the Wild »

That looks great. Style before comfort I guess!