Spearheads

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

RikJohnson
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Spearheads

Post by RikJohnson »

You need a spear!
A spear keeps people at bay (remember that scene in _Last Samurai_ when Tom Cruise kept a dozen Samurai at bay with a spear?). A spear can be a hiking staff. It can stop a boar! It can be a stent pole, any number of uses.

I bought my Cold Steel Boar Spear to replace my Philippene spear that I disliked.. but the thing is heavy. And how often will a boar charge me?
So when I found the CS spear at a Summit Hut Swap Meet for $5, I took it!

The next one is a CS Bushman knife/spear that can be knife or spearhead. Someone on this forum already praised this piece so I'll let him continue.

The bottom is my more recent purchase, a medieval spear from Three-Rivers Archery! It is cheap Pakistani steel but for Garb it will work. At least I hope to never have to drive it through a breastplate though it will easily stop a person or, I hope, any animal I need to stop.
Those who give up a little freedom in place of a little security will soon discover that they possess neither.