A Project for Iodo?

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Harper
Haeropada

A Project for Iodo?

Post by Harper »

I saw this DIY and thought of Iodo:

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/ ... st-4481523

It doesnt look like it would cost too much to make.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: A Project for Iodo?

Post by Iodo »

Harper wrote:I saw this DIY and thought of Iodo:

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/ ... st-4481523

It doesnt look like it would cost too much to make.
Now that is cool, a walking Axe for less money, I've cant say I haven't been thinking about making something similar, thanks for the link :P

Quick question: is this some kind of hint because I know I haven't uploaded a project for a while :?: I hope to be able to fix that soon as I've finished my last college assignment this week and have several ideas on the drawing board :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

The attached old thread touches on historic walking axes. See starting on page 4

http://middleearthrangers.org/forum/vie ... p?f=4&t=10

Iodo: I have an old unmounted axe head you're welcome to if you'd like to mount it. just pm me
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

I just got one from Poland a fews weeks ago. I have yet to get photos.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Iodo wrote:Quick question: is this some kind of hint because I know I haven't uploaded a project for a while :?: I hope to be able to fix that soon as I've finished my last college assignment this week and have several ideas on the drawing board :mrgreen:
It was in the back of my mind. I also remember seeing some pictures of you in kit in the mountains. I thought then that something like this would work well for you. Also, while you can no doubt purchase better ones, this looks like a very affordable way to get one.

Cold Steel has a couple of different tomahawk type heads with a straight top. One has a small poll as well. You want to keep the oveall weapon light if you are going to use it as a walking aid (otherwise you could cut down one of their pole axes) and a tomahawk type head fits that requirement quite well. You can probably get them on amazon or ebay fairly cheap.

I'm sure that yours will be appropriately adorned with runes for your dwarven persona.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Peter Remling wrote:The attached old thread touches on historic walking axes. See starting on page 4

http://middleearthrangers.org/forum/vie ... p?f=4&t=10

Iodo: I have an old unmounted axe head you're welcome to if you'd like to mount it. just pm me
Thanks so much for the offer :P I've got a few other projects first, I might come back to it over the winter
Harper wrote: It was in the back of my mind. I also remember seeing some pictures of you in kit in the mountains. I thought then that something like this would work well for you. Also, while you can no doubt purchase better ones, this looks like a very affordable way to get one.

Cold Steel has a couple of different tomahawk type heads with a straight top. One has a small poll as well. You want to keep the oveall weapon light if you are going to use it as a walking aid (otherwise you could cut down one of their pole axes) and a tomahawk type head fits that requirement quite well. You can probably get them on amazon or ebay fairly cheap.

I'm sure that yours will be appropriately adorned with runes for your dwarven persona.
I agree, I think it would work well for Iodo Ionite and I've been thinking about getting one ever since I saw the pic's of Ringulf's, then the one Nemo of Calh and Bumr Blackbrand had commissioned

The one thing that's put me off is weapon laws, I think I could get away with carrying it in Scotland, miles from anywhere in places where wild camping is permitted so I would need to chop wood (going back to the thing where your allowed something if you have a legitimate reason to carry it) but not anywhere where I go out in kit for the day from home
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Yeah.

Weapon laws are about control--of good people. Criminals just ignore them.

Maybe you can cut this down and spruce it up for around your home and then make a real one for Scotland:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/69654 ... ymer-black
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Harper wrote: Weapon laws are about control--of good people. Criminals just ignore them.
Totally true, that's one of the wisest things I've read for a while :P