Soul Revolver Ranger Coat

This section is for reviews of stuff that is commonly available, or from a vendor that has more to get. New sword from Albion, or Windlass? Great. Leather work or cloak from a vendor or another board member who has hung out her shingle? Excellent. Discussion of the finer points of the arrows you just made. Not so much. Put that it in the Weapons & Armor Section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Soul Revolver Ranger Coat

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Iodo wrote:
Manveruon wrote: Now, for my own part, I’ve really come to love mine. So much so, in fact, that I’m currently planning to make a brand new one all of my own - inspired by the one in the movies, but not an exact replica. Got all the leather for it ready to go and everything - I just need to finish my new jerkin first.
I'm looking forward to seeing that :P
You're not the only one, Iodo; Michael has some fantastical leathercrafting skills. His new jerkin project is phenomenal, and I'm dying of rapt anticipation to see what he does with the new jacket. :P

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Strider87pl

Post by Strider87pl »

Manveruon wrote:Here’s a link to my build photos. It includes a ton of pics of the whole process I went through in making my whole screen-accurate Aragorn cosplay (which technically still isn’t even 100% finished, but is anything ever?):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3lIaXVWdkU
Thanks so much for sharing those photos Manveruon!! :) That is, by far, the best Duster recreation that I have seen! The level of detail in your entire costume is absolutely incredible!

I have no experience with this type of work so I had actually already gone ahead and placed my order with Volto-Nero! So we will see how that one turns out (I'll be sure to share photos)!

Looking forward to seeing your next version of it too!! :P

Thanks again for sharing!!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Ghostsoldier wrote:
Iodo wrote:
Manveruon wrote: Now, for my own part, I’ve really come to love mine. So much so, in fact, that I’m currently planning to make a brand new one all of my own - inspired by the one in the movies, but not an exact replica. Got all the leather for it ready to go and everything - I just need to finish my new jerkin first.
I'm looking forward to seeing that :P
You're not the only one, Iodo; Michael has some fantastical leathercrafting skills. His new jerkin project is phenomenal, and I'm dying of rapt anticipation to see what he does with the new jacket. :P

Rob
Thank you so much! You are far too kind! It’s going to take me a while to get to it, but when I do I will of course post about it here :D
Strider87pl wrote:
Manveruon wrote:Here’s a link to my build photos. It includes a ton of pics of the whole process I went through in making my whole screen-accurate Aragorn cosplay (which technically still isn’t even 100% finished, but is anything ever?):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3lIaXVWdkU
Thanks so much for sharing those photos Manveruon!! :) That is, by far, the best Duster recreation that I have seen! The level of detail in your entire costume is absolutely incredible!

I have no experience with this type of work so I had actually already gone ahead and placed my order with Volto-Nero! So we will see how that one turns out (I'll be sure to share photos)!

Looking forward to seeing your next version of it too!! :P

Thanks again for sharing!!
Thanks a million! I’m quite proud of how it turned out!

And I think overall that you really can’t go wrong with the Volto-Nero coat. They do some really beautiful work, and as far as I’ve seen, theirs really is the closest thing on the market to the screen-used costume piece (not to mention probably one of the highest quality pieces commercially available in terms of workmanship). Although, to be fair, I haven’t ever know anyone who actually owned one of their pieces, so I really hope when you get it that you will write up a detailed review of it!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains