Member Map

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eólfur
Wayfarer

Re: Member Map

Post by Eólfur »

Not sure if there is any interest in reviving this and getting it update, but I added myself to the map. Looking kinda lonely up here in Minnesota.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

This is cool, although I've seen it before even though I've been a member for years, thanks for finding the thread

and apparently there are other members in the UK besides me, I'm guessing they're no longer active?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eólfur
Wayfarer

Post by Eólfur »

Yeah, it is always hard to tell with forums these days. This forum is a bit more active than most I am on or have been on these days. Which isn't saying much.

A lot of forums are moving to Discord. That is where I have my Viking Reenactment group. Since most forums don't have smartphone apps, I don't think a lot of people check the forum on a regular basis. "Out of site, out of mind" I guess. Still grateful for the weath of information and history here. Forums are much easier to search and look through past threads than Discord.
mg2Arnor
Wanderer

Post by mg2Arnor »

I went ahead and added myself as well. Holding it down outside the Olympic Mountains.
Calenthir - Dunedain Ranger of the late 3rd Age
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eólfur wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:24 pm Yeah, it is always hard to tell with forums these days. This forum is a bit more active than most I am on or have been on these days. Which isn't saying much.

A lot of forums are moving to Discord. That is where I have my Viking Reenactment group. Since most forums don't have smartphone apps, I don't think a lot of people check the forum on a regular basis. "Out of site, out of mind" I guess. Still grateful for the weath of information and history here. Forums are much easier to search and look through past threads than Discord.
I'm a serious forum nerd, I've lost count of how many I'm a member of LOL, most I'm on are much more active than this one, although this one still firmly holds the position of "my favorite forum on the whole net", and I don't think that will ever change

I guess phones is probably a reason why forums are out of favor? but as a desktop PC user (I almost never browse the web on a phone) for me they're a brilliant resource, and absolutely agree, the usable archive of information is amazing compared to other media
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Well, I'm not sure how to add myself as the info on page two seems to be outdated but I'm located in northeast Texas. Not sure who is the closest to me but there's not many.

Regarding forums versus Discord, different strengths for different purposes. I love this forum and find it nice to have a repository of our collective knowledge that is easily searchable and easy to write and publish long-form essays. It's much more academically minded (and more real-world focused rather than costuming) than say, the Facebook group. Right now, it's kinda slow but these things ebb and flow as folk get busy with life and work. Personally speaking, I like it being a bit quieter sometimes. Gives it a nice small-town internet feel.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Cimrandir wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:52 amGives it a nice small-town internet feel.
That is one of the things I like, mainly because there's plenty of time to read all the posts so I almost never miss anything :P
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

I think Eólfur has stolen my thunder! I suppose the names are somewhat similar.... grumble, grumble.....

I shall add myself as there seems to be a shortage of us waaaaay down here.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:30 pm I think Eólfur has stolen my thunder! I suppose the names are somewhat similar.... grumble, grumble.....
LOL :lol:
they be different enough for me to tell them apart :P
Eólfur
Wayfarer

Post by Eólfur »

Eofor wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:30 pm I think Eólfur has stolen my thunder! I suppose the names are somewhat similar.... grumble, grumble.....

I shall add myself as there seems to be a shortage of us waaaaay down here.
I had a half a second confusion the first time I saw your name on here on a thread I was certain I hadn't posted a reply on. lol
Turgolanas
Dúnadan

Post by Turgolanas »

Cimrandir wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:52 am Well, I'm not sure how to add myself as the info on page two seems to be outdated but I'm located in northeast Texas. Not sure who is the closest to me but there's not many.

Regarding forums versus Discord, different strengths for different purposes. I love this forum and find it nice to have a repository of our collective knowledge that is easily searchable and easy to write and publish long-form essays. It's much more academically minded (and more real-world focused rather than costuming) than say, the Facebook group. Right now, it's kinda slow but these things ebb and flow as folk get busy with life and work. Personally speaking, I like it being a bit quieter sometimes. Gives it a nice small-town internet feel.
I'm in the central/east texas range - Brazos county to be specific. Anyone else in Texas?
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Hah, figured it out. Added myself.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

I didn't know this was a thing, and have added myself to the map. Seems I'm the only one of us out here in Kansas, not that it's a bad thing. I just don't have the mobility I used to these days so getting around isn't going to be quite as easy as it was.