Howdy!

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Turgolanas
Dúnadan

Howdy!

Post by Turgolanas »

Howdy!
My name is Nathan. I re-discovered middle earth rangers recently as I was looking at articles for the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, and came across a ranger's handbook PDF. I like camping, bushcraft, and historical reenactment and I have loved Middle-Earth ever since I read the Lord of the Rings, so finding this is great as it combines a number of interests in one place.

I am working on getting kit together, and am currently making boots with materials for a cloak and tunic when I get the time.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Howdy!

Post by Elleth »

Welcome!

boots - wow! Ambitious first project. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome!
Frodo lives!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Aha! There's another one of us around here now. I'm also Nathan and welcome to the forum! What kind of boots are you making?
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Welcome!

I love that the handbook is out there and being found by folks! Elliot (Taurinor on here) did a great job of taking what we had started together and whipping it up into a useable document! I still have plans to flesh it out a bit more and make a “final” version, but of course like so many things it’s been kind of on the back burner lately.

Can’t wait to see how your projects turn out!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome Ranger :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Welcome, Ranger! :P

Rob
Last edited by Ghostsoldier on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing's forgotten."
Turgolanas
Dúnadan

Post by Turgolanas »

Cimrandir wrote:Aha! There's another one of us around here now. I'm also Nathan and welcome to the forum! What kind of boots are you making?
I am making modified moccasin boots based off of the craft manual of North American Footwear. They are definitely version one boots, but so far it's going well!
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome, Ranger!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

A hearty welcome to you Ranger!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Welcome!
Turgolanas wrote:I re-discovered middle earth rangers recently as I was looking at articles for the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, and came across a ranger's handbook PDF. I like camping, bushcraft, and historical reenactment and I have loved Middle-Earth ever since I read the Lord of the Rings, so finding this is great as it combines a number of interests in one place.
Goodness, that thing has gotten around more than I expected. Glad it brought you here!
Manveruon wrote:I still have plans to flesh it out a bit more and make a “final” version
Yes, do it! When you have time and energy, of course.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)