Australian maps

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

Australian maps

Post by Eofor »

Came across this fellow doing excellent maps of Australia.
Not sure how many folm on here are from the great Southern land but they're pretty good.

https://cartographychronicles.com/collections/all
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Australian maps

Post by Iodo »

yep, those are really awesome, it's a shame they don't do the uk
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Iodo, a bit late of a follow-up but here are two other artists that also draw in the style of Tolkien that you might find interesting. Lord of Maps has a overall map of Great Britain and In The Reads has one for Scotland plus they are open for commission if you desire one specific to your area. I'm also sure if you searched etsy you would find others as well.

Lord of Maps - Great Britain
In The Reads
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hah! That “In The Reads” seller is actually an acquaintance of mine from here in CO! I had no idea she had done maps like these.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Cimrandir wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:10 am Iodo, a bit late of a follow-up but here are two other artists that also draw in the style of Tolkien that you might find interesting. Lord of Maps has a overall map of Great Britain and In The Reads has one for Scotland plus they are open for commission if you desire one specific to your area. I'm also sure if you searched etsy you would find others as well.

Lord of Maps - Great Britain
In The Reads
Awesome, thanks for the links :P I might look into that
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Happy to help! And lest we get too far from the original post, I really like those Australian maps, Eofor! These are all some very talented artists!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain