Anyone making anything fun lately?

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Anyone making anything fun lately?

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Plotting something inspired by the 'Torches' thread

Watch this space
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

Greg - that salt pork is looking surprisingly close to Crazy Crow's stuff....I hope I get to put it to the test here soon ;)
Very jealous of your situation, my wife keeps begging me for a puppy but I keep trying to sell her on the idea of a lamb instead - 'It'd be just as cute, but mows our grass And gives us wool!'

Since we got back from the trail we've been busy busy moving and unpacking so haven't had much time for hands-on Middle-earth projects...yet. I have however been able to write up all the Second Age research I did over the last six months.
Buttttt, I have a couple things on tap here soon - hafting that bronze axe from last Yule, some new loincloth embroidery, mocking up a to-scale Numenorean karma helmet (just cardboard for now), and I think I'm going to sacrifice my first Rangering blanket (the 100-year old thin gray scratchy Hudson Bay) into a proper square cloak. The question is - do I wash/full/lanolize it before or after I cut the ends off? Because right now my thinking is to use the cut-off stripes to add some rain-shedding fringe along a side or two, Orkney Hood-style.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Turgolanas wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:58 am Took me a few days, but here are the cloak photos! I'm not sure why they are huge, so sorry about that lol
Very nice, good job :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.