Misty Mountain Rangers Livestream

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Misty Mountain Rangers Livestream

Post by Manveruon »

Hey folks!

I wanted to pop in and share the video of the livestream I did last night through the Misty Mountain Rangers Instagram account!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaOb38UDG7 ... =copy_link

I tried really hard to cover a lot of ground about What We Do, the basics of kit and garb, etc. My apologies about the length - I am aware I can TALK, hah. I know there were some places where I meant to cover more info on this or that topic but got distracted part-way through, and there were topics I wanted to touch on but just straight-up forgot (like the ongoing Middle-earth Rangers’ Handbook project). There were also a number people from the forums, Like Taurinor and Udwin, and a few others, who I meant to give shout-outs to but ultimately forgot - sorry about that!

Oh - and yes, I’m aware that the audio is BADLY out of sync. I don’t know why that happened, but it appears to be a relatively common issue on Instagram, and Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any way to fix it at this point, so just be aware that the audio lags behind the video significantly by the end of the feed.

But anyway, I hope it was informative, and at least a little interesting - and I hope I painted the forums here, the MERS, and the whole community in general in a positive light (that was certainly my intention).
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Misty Mountain Rangers Livestream

Post by Elleth »

VERY COOL!!!

... also I adore that tunic. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm at 2 hrs 21 minutes in...nearly through! Again, thanks for what you're doing and your enthusiasm.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Yes, thanks Michael... it's a worthy endeavor! :P

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

The livestream was great! You did such a good job and judging by the number of folks asking questions based on the livestream on Facebook and discord, it's clear it was really helpful to a lot of folks! Makes me want to put together a Youtube channel that posts videos on various bits of kit or skills in this hobby. I betcha newcomers would find that quite useful. Well done!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

I finally had time to finish watching this - I love it!

Just a couple things...

... I was reminded how much I adore your boots. I totally need to follow your example someday soon.

... and ONLY because you offer so many disclaimers on the chrome-tan your jerkin - for what it's worth, at least from every video and photo you've ever posted, I'd never have known. It looks AWESOME. :mrgreen:

I love the work you're doing - your group is amazing, very VERY well done!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

I finally watched it, and it was brilliant, good job :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.