New Section - Complete Kits

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: New Section - Complete Kits

Post by Eothain »

Awesome! Congrats to Ursus on having his kit now listed! I can't wait to have mine to that point.
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Thanks everyone! And a special thanks to Greg for taking the time to add my kit to the Wiki. I have some more pics I need to get, and intended to take this weekend on a trek, but an unfortunate shop accident led me to getting 7 stiches in my right hand. Im hoping to take a few and send them to Greg sometime this weekend. Thanks again!
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by ineffableone »

Another great full kit addition. Looking really good on the wiki.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ursus supplied me with a few more photos today, of some kit updates. You can find his additional photos on his soft kit, hard kit, food, and sleeping pages.

Something to note, for those who work on our wiki: When you upload photos, please be very careful when choosing the destination file name. When you upload a photo, it defaults to say that the filename on your computer will be the filename on the wiki...but it does NOT have to be. You can change this name, and it would be smart to do so.

For example, you upload a photo called "Boots.jpg" That's all well and good, but when you try to code

Code: Select all

[[File:boots.jpg]]
into the wiki page you're editing, what you will see instead is the very first iteration of a "Boots.jpg" that was uploaded to the entire wiki network. I made this error with a tarp photo a year and a half ago, and I got a modern dome tent on our shelters page.

To avoid this, please put your forum name at the beginning of all of the images you upload. This prevents images from showing up as duplicates all across our wiki, keeps us from fighting over whose photo gets to be up (ie. your Boots photo or mine, etc.), and keeps us from having mil-spec junk all over our pages by accident.

Cheers!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.