Growing my group

Shire-Dwellers and other Middle-earth rarities.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Growing my group

Post by Kortoso »

I have a ME-Ranger Meetup group in the SF Bay Area. We are approaching our six-month anniversary.

It's difficult sometimes and I have to maintain my patience with low activity turnout, but the few that show up and actually "get it", thoroughly make my effort all worthwhile.

This June, we are doing workshops in Firemaking and Test Cutting, Leather Water Bottle, then an nightime outing that I call Creatures of the Night.

If you're trying to organize like-minded individuals in your area, I recommend trying Meetup.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Growing my group

Post by Taurinor »

I've started a Meetup, as well. It's less strictly Tolkien and Ranger-themed - more general fantasy hiking and camping. We've become an odd little collection of survivalists, writers, former SCAdians, and general nerds. It's been fun, though.

You do have to pay to start a Meetup group, but the basic plan is only $10 a month. When I started setting up my group then stopped for a while, Meetup sent me a coupon to make it cheaper.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)