Long ago...

Shire-Dwellers and other Middle-earth rarities.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

jbook
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Long ago...

Post by jbook »

I was recently reflecting. It's been about 6 years ago that I was heavily involved with treking around the wilds of my farm back in Iowa dreaming of what Middle-Earth Reenacting could be. I've not been as involved as I'd like as of late, but I check in here from time to time. I just wanted to say a few things.

First, I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of the newcomers and the continual improvement of others. Such a great thing to see! Improvement really should be the goal of all. And what a satisfying feeling when all is said and done to compare the old with the new! I can say in my years of historical reenacting it's with a sense of accomplishment that I look back at old photos and compare them to where I am now. Improvement is always good.

Secondly, thanks to the forum admins for giving the Middle Earth Reenactment Society a home on the forum! I'm so excited to see it.
It's pretty incredible to see something that was hatched long ago now with 3 publications under it's belt and more to come. Thanks so much to Greg and Udwin for being so awesome to really get that up off the ground.

I hope I can get out in the wilds of Middle Earth again soon. I am, as always heavily involved in historical reenacting and recently have begun doing 13th century English stuff with a group.

Hope you are all well!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Long ago...

Post by Greg »

Indeed, we are well! Alive and kicking!

So good to see you hop on here when you do. Middle Earth will always be around whenever you take a fancy to visit!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Has it been so long? Welcome back!

And thank you so much for breathing life into MERS. This is a childhood dream come true. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

It's good to see you back around!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains