MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Cortharyn
Wayfarer

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by Cortharyn »

Resized 3.jpg
Resized 3.jpg (103.52 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
Profile.jpg
Profile.jpg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
Profile.jpg
Profile.jpg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 5182 times
I am the weapon
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

It's good to see a fellow Ranger that uses the Zombie Tools

My various kits consist of the "Mauler", the "Reaver Cleaver", the "Scyllis", the "Traumahawk" and the "Zakasushi". All depends on the situation of course.
And frankly the rest of your kit is fantastic. I'can't tell for sure but are your boots "Forest Boots" from Armstreet? I have a set of those.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Cortharyn
Wayfarer

Post by Cortharyn »

Tom_Ranger wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:19 am It's good to see a fellow Ranger that uses the Zombie Tools

My various kits consist of the "Mauler", the "Reaver Cleaver", the "Scyllis", the "Traumahawk" and the "Zakasushi". All depends on the situation of course.
And frankly the rest of your kit is fantastic. I'can't tell for sure but are your boots "Forest Boots" from Armstreet? I have a set of those.
I do like Zombie Tools. They are nearly indestructible. My wife also carries ZTs. The Scyllis is one of them. She has 2 Ginnys also.
The boots are Son of Sandlar 9 button. I wasn't sure if those arm street boots would be durable enough for the woods.
I am the weapon
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Cortharyn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:22 am The boots are Son of Sandlar 9 button. I wasn't sure if those arm street boots would be durable enough for the woods.
Sandlar boots are great. They are really modern day with an oldish style about them and I have never heard a single bad thing about them.

The Armstreet Forest boots are great. They have a modern sole while looking authentic. They have videos of several of their products including the Forest Boots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OHdwJsonwI
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

awesome photo's Cortharyn :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cortharyn
Wayfarer

Post by Cortharyn »

Iodo wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:59 am awesome photo's Cortharyn :mrgreen:
Thanks
I am the weapon
Desert Loon
Dúnadan

Post by Desert Loon »

Cortharyn, your pictures did my heart good. One day I will build up a nice complete kit.

Meanwhile, I had a chance to go a little further up Provo Canyon today and I had an early picnic lunch at Bridal Veil Falls, an extremely popular - and often crowded - spot. It's easily accessible by the highway running through the canyon, and so it is not a secluded wilderness location by any means. But it still requires a fairly steep and rocky ascent to get up to the falls.

Here are some views from the falls:

The leather boots my Dad gave me years ago took to the rough trail quite well. Though rubber-soled, they're the most authentic-looking footgear I have.

Lunch was mashed potatoes (from pearls) with beef sticks.

Here are the falls seen from where I parked my car.
Glory be to God for dappled things
And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim. (Hopkins)
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Awesome :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Desert Loon wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:11 am an extremely popular - and often crowded - spot.
I often find that these places have the same majesty without the crowds at unusal times of the day. Pre dawn or a full moon night spring to mind.

Thanks for sharing.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:42 am I often find that these places have the same majesty without the crowds at unusal times of the day. Pre dawn or a full moon night spring to mind.
...or in a wild storm
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

Foggy mornings are especially cool. Or a good, red sunset.... I feel the love of beautiful things. Yeah, I'mg going out tomorrow!
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

Roads go ever, ever on...
Attachments
20220609_095957_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg
20220609_095957_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg (180.72 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
20220609_095859_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg
20220609_095859_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg (179.39 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
20220609_101906_HDR_Edited_(1)_Edited_Edited.jpg
20220609_101906_HDR_Edited_(1)_Edited_Edited.jpg (182.97 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

Through the mists.

Sorry for so many posts. Just found some files small enough to share from some previous patrols.
Attachments
20220617_105343_HDR_Edited_(1)_Edited.jpg
20220617_105343_HDR_Edited_(1)_Edited.jpg (201.49 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
20220617_102111_HDR_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg
20220617_102111_HDR_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg (100.89 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
20220617_095819_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg
20220617_095819_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited_Edited.jpg (137.04 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Nice!
Frodo lives!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh that scenery is gorgeous!

I got out and about today for a bit to look after the woods. I didn't see any bittersweet this time out, but I did cut some poison ivy vines creeping up a tree over a pasture. Nasty stuff! More pleasantly, I seeded more wildflowers about the far fields and up along the logging road.

I was out with modernish things again since it was a "work trip" - I loved having mosquito spray for a change, but I am absolutely not used to all the sloshing of a metal canteen.

I took along the New Invented I just finished for its inaugural jaunt - the too-narrow strap did cut in a bit, but it hangs very nicely out of the way along the back. It wasn't terribly loaded: just a thin blanket, tarp, and little bag of just-in-case forest toys. Haversack's got my seeds and saw and clippers and such - here we see a very excitable pupper photobombing the picture -
river-and-packs.jpg
river-and-packs.jpg (176.7 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
The beavers have moved on from the creek, and without them the water's down and tons of green is coming back -
wildflowers.jpg
wildflowers.jpg (146.01 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
Over the water and through the woods - I found this curious tree in thick forest. It was actually a maple I think, though the canopy was thick and I didn't get a great look at the leaves. Still I don't recall seeing a trunk colored like this - some kind of lichen I suppose?
treetrunk.jpg
treetrunk.jpg (105.16 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
I kept trekking up to the top of the hill to a bit more in a pasture we're letting go to forest - and found some wild blueberries! Noms!
blueberries.jpg
blueberries.jpg (117.42 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
It's been a good day. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.